The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Changing oil filter housing??? what does it entail!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsMWookie

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
The threads on my oil filter housing got stripped I am going to try and clean them up and correct the threads but just in case I am preparing to replace the housing...what do I have to take off to replace it any special or hidden monsters?

You can see three of the bolts that hold the housing on. The fourth bolt is hidden under the timing belt cover, so you have to remove the cover. To get the timing belt cover off you have to remove all accessory belts and the crank pulley. You'll also need a new filter housing gasket. Make sure everything is super clean before putting it back together, you don't want to get dirt in the oil system.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back