The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Car putting, gets hot, wont shift into 1st gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIB

Probationary Member
Jul 9, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
DSMers!,
Hello, I have a problem here, I thought this might be a head gasket problem but I have parked my 99 GST due to it having a problem shifting into 1st gear, i had to drive it home by shifting into 2nd gear to make it back and during this the cars temp gauge spiked up and started to putter down the road until I made it home, now the car wont drive longer than a mile without puttering and getting very hot, everytime I take off in the 2nd gear the car will sputter very badly over 30mph. I have no clue whats going on here?! and I have found no DSM mechanics in the Springfield area that can diagnose this problem, any clues to this problem???:confused:

My first instinct was a warped/cracked head but those usually throw out a lot of CEL codes. I no longer know anyone in springfield but I would post something in the repair forum to see if anyone has an idea. It may be that head gasket thats doing this but I cant help the way other people in that forum can. A CEL can really narrow the possibilities

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back