The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Brake line to Caliper fitting size

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defrag010

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 24, 2004
n/a, Alabama
I'm putting some 3000GT calipers and rotors on my '90 talon, and I'm going to make new brake lines from some stainless line I have laying around. Does anyone know the fitting size and thread pitch for the caliper and the hard line fittings?

Hard lines are M10-1.0 IF

Caliper? Not sure, but I'll wager M10 also. Banjo bolts maybe?

yeah, the hard lines look like M10 fine thread, but the fitting that goes into the caliper just screws in there, no banjo. I haven't had a chance to look, but I think they are a more coarse thread than the hard line fittings.

I guess I'll just go down to the hydraulic parts store with my stock brake line and see what they have.

Come to think of it, if the caliper is aluminum the thread into it is probable coarse.
M10-1.5 I think?

Hate to dig this up, but seemed a better place than starting another thread.

What size/pitch is the banjo bolt for the 2g calipers? Same as the screw-in type fittings?

Answering my own question . . . both the screw-in type and banjo type calipers have a M10x1.00 thread

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back