The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

blown fuse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATasteofChaos

Probationary Member
Jun 26, 2006
martinsburg, West_Virginia
i dont kno whats going on or if anyones had this problem but my rem wire for my amp blows the fuse for my interior lights and taillights i dissconnected all the wired off the amp except the rem and the rc wires so im pritty sure that its the rem wire doing it anyone know whats goin on?

Do you have this remote wire run to the fuse box (in car) and at what location exactly?

well i messed with it today and took the remote wire off it still blew the fuse so i took all the wires off and it stayed on for about 3 mins and blew again so i really dont kno whats goin on but it didnt start untill i had it all hooked up this is what it was the power wire went from the battery to an inline fuse and then to the amp.. then the ground went from the head unit to the back hooked into a bolt under the back seat the to the amp. the the rc cables and rem are both directly from the head unit to the amp minus an inline fuse on the rem cable i dont kno im completly lost on whats gone on someone told me its maby the ground but i dont kno

I'm having almost this exact same problem, except its only blowing the fuse to my rear taillights, which in-turn turn off my dash lights. I have a new deck, and a wire going from it to a fuse in the inside fuse box, but I didn't wire this deck (Electricals is the one thing I don't do)..... Its blown the regular 15 fuse and then the 25 and 30 that I replaced it with. I'm scared to put anything higher in inplace of the 15 (don't want an electrical fire)..... Any ideas would be great.

ok so now im really confused i think im just givin up untill i can take it to a shop because i took everything apart and rewired everything grounded it differently and i turned it on without being all screwed back in i just had the headunit sittin free and it worked fine so i thought i had gotten it to work but as soon as i put it back in the dash screwed it in and put all the dash pieces back on i turned it back on and it didnt blow the fuse (wich i replaced witha 30A) but everythime the base hit it took to much power from the amp and eventually just started messing up everything so i unplugged it all except my headunit and rugular speakers because im going to end up blowing everything up again

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back