The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

BlackBird

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It has been a while so I thought I would just post an update about some of the progress that I have been making recently. Not sure anyone would be interested but I got the motivation to share and maybe some of the content might also help someone for whatever reason. :cool::thumb:

The first thing was that I got the engine back in the car. In addition I also got my awesome Archer Fab top mount and turbo put on. (I clocked the turbo after the pictures.)
IMG-2943.jpg

IMG-2959.jpg

IMG-3010.jpg

IMG-3014.jpg

IMG-3015.jpg

After that I started working on my fuel pump and hanger. I used a full blown twin pump hanger and followed Black'95 guide and did most of what he did to his hanger (Link to the Article)
I did end up only going with one pump but if I need another in the future I can still add it.
IMG-6322.jpg

IMG-6328.jpg

IMG-6363.jpg

IMG-6368.jpg

I had the gas tank removed mainly because my rear brake lines were rotted and falling apart so they needed to be replaced. I did not get to many pictures but I ran 2 new 4 an lines to the back running them in the stock location and I managed to remove the bracket between the subframe and reinstall it without removing the rear subframe.
IMG-6492.jpg

IMG-6494.jpg

Next after I had completed that I reinstalled the gas tank. I had to make some small cuts to the opening as the fuel fittings hit the edge of the opening.
IMG-6517.jpg

Then I started working on the wiring for the other end of the fuel pump.
IMG-6811.jpg

IMG-6814.jpg

IMG-6942.jpg

From here I worked on my fuel lines and got all of those done. I also got the ethanol sensor installed. In the pictures you can see how I routed my fuel lines. It is a 8 an feed 6 an return.
IMG-6935.jpg

IMG-6944.jpg

IMG-6931.jpg

IMG-6938.jpg

IMG-6940.jpg

IMG-6930.jpg

Then After that I went and plugged the coolant port to the turbo as I was not using it. It was a 3/8 BSPT Plug (MD040338)
IMG-6371.JPG

IMG-6921.JPG

IMG-6922.JPG

IMG-6923.JPG

From here I also made a new bracket for my coil pack I still need to get something to hold the wires down and together but they are mounted as pictured for now. These are 1g wires but one of them did not reach so I used one wire of the same set for a 2g that would reach.
IMG-6926.jpg

IMG-6925.jpg

I also partly got my radiator mounted. I used a Scirocco style radiator. that I got off of jegs with a 3 inch core as I needed a bit more room for the turbo.
IMG-6927.jpg

IMG-6928.jpg

IMG-6929.jpg

Lastly for the update I was able to get some more of the wiring done allowing for me to put my dash in.
IMG-6941.jpg

That is all for my update, I am working on the car a little every day hopefully it will be done soon at some point, doing the best I can with my financial position, but I will never give up :hellyeah:

Attachments

• IMG-6944.jpg
    IMG-6944.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 11
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back