The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Black top CAS in a 2g.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gTurBoD

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 25, 2007
orange park, Florida
I have a 98 GST and originally when I got it, it had a green top CAS hard wired into the wires. Well I originally was using a black top CAS with the RRE plug adapter on my previous set up. I'm trying to install it again, but while pulling the engine, I lost one of the 4 wires and not sure where on the plug each wire connects. If I'm correct there is a power, ground and 2 signal wires.

Well one plug that comes off the CAS has 3 wires (black/red/yellow) and the other is just a single white wire.

The 3 wires I have from the harness that I know connect to the CAS are Blue/red, Black, and Red.

Looks as if the blue/red wire is the signal from the cam shaft position sensor. I'm not sure where the signal wire is from the crank as I believe the other two wires are power and ground wires.

The CPS seems to have a red/black/blue and white wires coming from it in the pin out that I have.

Am I correct in assuming that there is a power, ground and two other signal wires. And a few other threads I have read point out that the black ground is suppose to be a larger wire.

After looking over this link, RRE Instructions

The harness lines up with this picture
1. White wire - cam signal
2. Yellow wire - Crank signal
3. Black - Negative
4. Red - Positive

Basically I am wondering where can I backtrack to, to pull these wires up, without wiring it from the ECU unless someone thinks it would be easier, as the previous owner cut them off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back