The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Best Spark Plug Wires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White_knight

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 16, 2012
Hollister, California
- Accel?

- NGK?

- MSD?

I need new wires but don't know wich to choose from?
Any experiences?

Sometimes what looks good on paper, doesn't always hold up in the real world. MSDs may have the lowest resistance out of the bunch, but they deteriorate internally very quickly (about a year for me). After 2 MSD sets, I decided to give the taylor thundervolts a shot and whadoyaknow! I've been on the same set for 3+ years! :)

I dont see the 10.4mm Thundervolt wires in that list either.

I had a set of msd's go bad on me ,I'm running Ngk's now so far so good been 1+ year

This might b a sort of a rookie question but
How do u know when ## wires are bad?

I run the 10.4 Taylor's on every car I've owned. I've had msd's fail numerous times. Msd wires have a sorta high resistance as well which isn't good. Taylor wires are awesome. Accel's are decent too. I prefer them over msd.

Check for spark, you take out the spark plug wires one at a time and put it against a bolt on the valve cover look inside, have someone cranking the car over and if you see spark its fine. Do that for all 4 plug wires.

Check for spark, you take out the spark plug wires one at a time and put it against a bolt on the valve cover look inside, have someone cranking the car over and if you see spark its fine. Do that for all 4 plug wires.

When they went bad on me they were sparking just fine. It was under load (30+psi) that they had issues with spark. Fresh plugs, coil pack, and a transistor pack didnt help, so I knew it was wires. Fresh set of Taylors went on and problem solved. Stay away from coil on plugs as well. Even if you have an ignition amplifier, they are not going to work as well as the OEM setup. The only exception would be a spark tech ignition system. But thats when you have $1000 bucks or so burning a hole in your pocket :)

I had some MSDs on my old RS and I remember that they had really low resistance. I don't know about longevity they seemed to work fine, I wasn't running some crazy boost though like 10 psi.

I'm running Magnecores right now and they seem ok. One of the boots tore on me though. NGK is a good OEM replacement and Accel think I had a set of those and they weren't so good.

I rock the Taylors 10.4mm..Good enough for Ted, good enough for me :thumb:
Before Ted I was scared of Thunder voltsLOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back