The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

bad maf symptoms

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i had a idoling problem and when it did idol it sputtered really bad i have the maf translator box on i went back to a stock and it ran worse so bc of my internals, so i went back to the maf translator and ditched the sensor and tuned it with a pocket logger it runs fine now.

My 97 first threw a check engine light, then ran really rough at anything lower than 2500 rpm, and would hardly stay running at idle.

I would first go and pick up some Mass air flow meter cleaner im sure its no more then $3 or $4 CRC Makes some thats what we use here at our shop. Try that out and if it doesnt work change the air filter check the wires leading to sensor.

:) installed mine today, just to get a red led on (no blinks) on ignition on. check voltage of karman on safc to get 0.0015 goes hight on throtle open on the thousands. Car runs like there is no maf sensor and safc show 3 hg wich dont move so i recheck settings on translator, my car is stock so settings were set base 0, idle 0, mid 0,wot 0, aux 0 and 1=off, 2=off, 3=off, 4=off and the problem persist!!! The wiring color are simple; pink=red, green=green-blue, black=green-black, brown=green-orange, gray=green-yellow, white=blck(between red and white) camshaft angle position and I had a wire extra on the original connector which is another 12 volts from ecm.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back