The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Another Oil Leak Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAL0NTSi

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 26, 2010
Westerville, Ohio
I'm trying to figure out which components of the timing side of the motor, that if not sealed correctly can cause an oil leak. The reason I'm asking is, I've got a weird leak coming from that side of the motor. The oil appears to be misting, and it's covering my suspension parts. The only spot that I can really see any build up, is right around the tensioner arm. I've heard there were a few bolts that you can use thread sealer on to prevent leaks, but I'm not sure which one's to do. Any help is appreciated.

oil pump cover, front main seal, castle plug or the balancing shaft seal. Also check the valve cover and oil pan.

It could also be coming from transaxle between the diff and the cv axle.

I just replaced my cam seals, and I don't see any oil around there. I'll try to get some pictures of where the oil is building up tonight.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back