The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

alarm and turbo timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97gssleeper

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 2, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
I couldn't find a post to answer my question(I know it's out there somewhere). A friend of mine has a Sidewinder 6500 alarm installed and if the alarm is armed while the turbo timer is running, it will disarm when the turbo timer cuts off. The alarm will give a 2nd chirp as if the door is left open and as soon as the car shuts down the alarm chirps twice, disarms and unlock the doors. Any ideas around this?

i know that one of autopages alarms has a turbo timer built in.
if you need a link let me know:dsm:

RamenPride said:
connect the power wire for the alarm to an accessory wire instead of switched +12V (or something like that, can't quite remember)

So you're basically saying rewire the ignition wire to the accessory wire. I'll try that. Probably will have to adjust the shock and make sure starter kill still works. Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back