The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

air fuel ratio

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Err... none, and a lot? That's a really difficult question to answer, because it does not make much sense.

CFM is cubic feet per minute, which refers to how much air you are flowing. A/F ratio is the ratio between the amount of fuel and the amount of air entering your motor.

sorry about the wording
with a bigger turbo and the greater amount of cfm that is flowing will this affect the amount of fuel needed to be added to keep the correct air fuel ratio

4g63awdtalon said:
sorry about the wording
with a bigger turbo and the greater amount of cfm that is flowing will this affect the amount of fuel needed to be added to keep the correct air fuel ratio

If you mean "Will throwing a bigger turbo on make my A/F ratio change" then theoretically no. Any air being pulled through the MAS, no matter if a large amount or a little, will be compensated for and fuel will be added.

Now wether or now your stock fuel system will be able to add enough fuel for a large turbo is a hole different question.

Hope this helps

Right on. That's exactly correct.

The ECU knows you need more fuel and tries to compensate. However, in some cases (a lot, really) it doesn't have enough headroom to give you the fuel you need, because the injectors or fuel pump are to small.

thanks for the help

kpt4321 do you have any sites or threads on tuning info that i could read to help with my tuning

Just a friendly suggestion. Read up and understand how the stock fuel and air metering systems work before learning and installing aftermarket parts. If you already know it, good on ya

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back