The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

92 gvr4 intermittent #1 misfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared98gst

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 24, 2011
edmond, Oklahoma
Chasing an issue with a vr4 I picked up recently
Cylinder 1 will randomly drop the injector, causing a miss. Pulled wires and plugs to confirm spark, coil seems strong.

Have swapped injectors around and tried some spare ones from another set (stock blue dsm 450)
All ohm out within spec

I'm getting a soild 11.8-12 volts at injector plug with key on. With car running one side of plug is 14v one is sweeping from 10.8-11.4 I believe. Same with all other plugs.

The only electric thing I've done is pulled ecu to check that it was rebuilt by ecm, and looks perfect with notes attached from ecm.

Now this is where the one temporary solution has arrived, the ground was obviously pulled to remove ecu. And that is when the problem arrised.

If I mess with the ground wires it has cured it, but that sucker is tight and looks clean, no surface rust etc. Simply wiggling the wires temporarily cured it so I'm gonna start there. Possibly crimped area of grounds is no longer good.

Any other things to check would be appreciated
Something to note, no matter what injectors I put in #1/2 they dont have a harsh injector click like #3/4. Voltage is the same on all 4 as mentioned, even when the misfire event is occuring

possible broken wire inside jacket or one of the contacts in a connector broken but still makes contact most of the time?

my TPU connector had a broken contact that I didn't know was the cause until I was on the side of the road and poked around the connectors internals with a dental probe

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back