The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Build 91 tsi awd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannon Fodder

Probationary Member
Aug 22, 2009
Mansfield, Ohio
My name is thomas, i have been dsming from the shadows for quite a while now. Ive had a 92 awd laser which had cancer and also a 91 gsx that did as well, and i had considered getting out of dsms since my evo build is progressing but a good buddy of mine had found and bought a clean 91 tsi awd shell, which he couldnt keep with another child on the way. So since i have 2 1gs worth of stock and performance parts I decided a couple hundred bucks were worth it and i finally managed a very sketchy 70 mile tow to my house. She had and still has no rear end under her at all, but that will change shortly. The front was incomplete, but a few cannibalized gsx parts have the front rolling. It now has tail lights, 1ga gsx spoiler pieces, and the nasty headliner is removed. The idea with this car is to make her light. Much more than the average person could stand. Pretty much no interior, a single light seat for me, no passengers. No a/c, no power steering, no cruise control, ect. One of the few things that i consider extra that i will keep is the heater since it may see the roads on some cold days not jus 90° ones. As for the build my general parts plan is pretty much this list, most everything i already have.
6 bolt engine
-stockish big port head with stainless valves, 3mm lifters, manley single springs ,and some small cams i havent decided on yet,
-Arp headstuds, .20 over stock headgasket
-6 bolt rod, 2g 8.5-1 piston shortblock
Induction
-Large 4inch kn filter, 4 inch pipe into turbo, 2.5 inch intercooler plumbing and large treadstone frontmount, jmfab street smim with stock first gen throttlebody
Exhaust
-ported 2g exhaust manifold, 7 blade holset hx35 in a modified forced performance gt30 stock housing, 44mm tial wastegate with a 13 psi spring, stubby bumper exit exhaust
Fuel
Walbro 255, 1450cc fic injectors, stock feed/return lines, afpr
Ignition
-stock coils, ngk plugs and wires
Tuning
Ecmlink v3 full speed density, aem ait sensor, gm 3 bar map
Drivetrain
-act 2100 or 2600 stock trans/tcase 3 bolt rear
Suspension
-kyb agxs all 4 corners, new poly bushings throughout, all new moog balljoints and tie rod ends
Brakes
-1gb 2 piston fronts stock rears, all new calipers brackets rotors, pads lines ect
Tires
-may have some stow tires on her for ohio weather havent decided on the rubber yet.
body
-1g carbon fiber hood, fiberglass hatch and lexan windows for most of the car. Stock windshield.

So this isnt some crazy drag build but mostly making it reasonably powerful and keeping it semi street legal for here in ohio, but most of all LIGHT! Ill try and get pictures.up sometime soon, she isnt beautiful but ive only found 2 small rust spots on the car which i will take care of very soon! Currently im working on getting the rear out of the gsx to throw under the talon and slowly working from the rear to the front tearing out, and labeling uneeded wiring.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back