1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

8 Injectors... huh?

Posted by 90laserRSfwd, Jun 11, 2008

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. 90laserRSfwd

90laserRSfwd Proven Member

Joined Mar 5, 2007
    Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
    I'm looking for some GOOD info relative to running 8 injectors. I assume you'd be using AEM EMS or could give me some useful info on setting up the car to rum. The setup we're planing on using is going to have 8 1600cc injectors with twin fuel rails on a JM FAB intake manifold

Street Build 188  1

rwd · automatic · 4G63t Swapped

2K  0

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    manual · 1G DSM
  2. ilikespeeding

ilikespeeding Proven Member

Joined Nov 13, 2005
    Greenville, North Carolina
    Nevermind how to do it. What in the hell do you need with 12,800 cc / min of fuel?!?

412  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. 50trimmed1g

50trimmed1g Proven Member

Joined Dec 25, 2007
    Orange County, California
    A GT99r :) JK.

4. crimsondragon

crimsondragon Proven Member

Joined Dec 17, 2006
    Phillipsburg, New Jersey
    Maybe a twin turbo.

Street Build 2K  6

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  5. gsxtasy

gsxtasy Proven Member

Joined Oct 17, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    WTF

Maybe e85 and a big turbo? There are a few people running 8 1600's, and yes you would have to use aem or something similar ems to control them. You'll have to either run dual pumps into the rails or split the fuel line somewhere and run it into both rails, then each outlet goes to a side of the AFPR, then into a nice return line. But if you're asking, I'd hope you'd know the basics of it. :D:thumb:

2K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  6. 1992awdlaser

1992awdlaser Proven Member

Joined Dec 5, 2004
    Wallace, North Carolina
    Agreed on the most likely reason why.

I disagree with needing an aem ems or similar though. You can do it with dsmlink. You could remove the injector resistor pack and run two injectors in series. Or you could use an injector driver like the aem one.

camocorvette likes this.
  7. turboglenn

turboglenn Proven Member

Joined Nov 5, 2007
    RIpley, West Virginia

Exactly, Unless you're wanting to run them in a "staged" configuration you can get away with it fairly easy. I've wanted to go to 8 injectors to have 4 x 450 for light driving and a great idle, then have teh 1000's come on under boost above 10psi and keep things safe.

what kinda info are you looking for exactly? I've set up 2 cars with 8 injectors that were 4 cylinders.

camocorvette likes this.
  8. JayRolla

JayRolla Proven Member

Joined Feb 23, 2006
    Colorado Spring, Colorado
    I know someone building a mirage and he is going to run 8 1600cc injectors since his last setup he was maxing out the 4. He is going to run mega squirt I believe. Remember when you do start to force that much e85 into those cylinders that preignition issues might start. Thats a lot of fuel being stuffed into a small cylinder.

1K  0

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
    camocorvette likes this.
  9. camocorvette

camocorvette Proven Member

Joined Aug 5, 2012
    Spanaway, Washington
    I'm bringing this back from the depths of time.

I will search more; but I am hoping those with experience with 8 injectors would comment on their set/experience, what they would change etc..

I have thoughts of a another row of 880s or similar to help with e85 down the road.

Thanks and I cant wait to learn more.

Street Build 511  3

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    300 whp · 315 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  10. camocorvette

camocorvette Proven Member

Joined Aug 5, 2012
    Spanaway, Washington

So, what did you end up doing? I'm interested in your experience

Street Build 511  3

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    300 whp · 315 lb/ft · 2G DSM