The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

60-1 w/internal gate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsMWookie

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Well I finished my motor and I can't afford to go full garrett right yet, so I was debating on buying a bolt on mitsu 60-1 for the time being I found one w/internal wastegate for a good price.

How well does yours hold boost?

How much power have you made on mitsu housing 60-1?

93_GEE_ES_EX- If you'r giving him a response to his question in the thread, please post your response in the thread. Sending a PM with a response is not the way these forums are designed to work. If you PM'ed about other issues, then nevermind but it's still not needed to post that you sent the user a PM. Thanks.

DsMWookie- My opinion on any internal gate is so so. Sure, you can shim them and get them to hold a bit better before bleeding but in the long run its better to save your pennies and buy a full external setup. The tial 38mm being a very popular choice is like the little engine that could. It takes it all and begs for more, making it an excellent WG for nearly everyone.

Yah I know external gate is the better choice....but I am also saving my pennies for an engagment ring and going to college so, the DSM might be what gets skimped on. I have all the goodies for my motor and its put together right with no skimp. But I need to make some decent power on it so that is why i chose a 60-1

project_tsi said:
93_GEE_ES_EX- If you'r giving him a response to his question in the thread, please post your response in the thread. Sending a PM with a response is not the way these forums are designed to work. If you PM'ed about other issues, then nevermind but it's still not needed to post that you sent the user a PM. Thanks.

DsMWookie- My opinion on any internal gate is so so. Sure, you can shim them and get them to hold a bit better before bleeding but in the long run its better to save your pennies and buy a full external setup. The tial 38mm being a very popular choice is like the little engine that could. It takes it all and begs for more, making it an excellent WG for nearly everyone.

It was an offer on a 60-1.I have one for sale and didn't know if I can post a "for sale" ad.

I run a 60-1 internally gated on my 2.3L engine. I've had no problems in 15 months with it. Pulls good, it's held 30psi no problem on the stroker. The lowest boost I've ever tried to run is 13psi, which held fine no problem as well.

Never dynoed or raced at the track (car has always been in south dakota... (home)). Car was very fast though, I didn't run it at 30psi but once, which was an accident. I normally run it at 21psi on pump 93.

My AGP gate blew open at 20-21 PSI.

I saw 49 lbs/min out of it, but it was at pretty high boost (I'll see if I can find the log) as far as pump gas goes.

Edit : To clarify the "high boost" comment - this was after I installed a TiAL 38MM gate off of the number one runner.

i have run the bolt on internally gated 60-1 for quite some time now. We have plenty of them out there too and they perform very well. As long as the whole packages is setup well the turbo will run the same way.

best of luck to you.

I have a 38mm internal setup on my GT14 my only fear is that it won't hold boost till redline or when I plan on shifting which will be aorund 8k highest.

I have an internally gated PTE 6031. My car is a daily driver w/ boost set at 23psi. It holds boost very well. I have never gotten it dyno'd, because I am not interested in knowing dyno numbers. I hit 20psi about 4200~4300rpms and hold 23psi until I shift. When I first put the 60-1 on (from a big16g), I was spiking to 25psi and settling back down. I have a profec-a (best bc ever) which is good at learning boost characteristics, and it fixed the spiking on its own. If I was concerned with dyno #'s and competition racing, I would go with an external wastegate, for reliability and fidelity reasons.

hakcenter said:
int gates are not for high boost

I have blown mine open so often, I feel like welding it shut. If I could turn back time I would of gone external.

Yeah I'm gonna suck it up and go 60mm opn the o2 housing and port the opening a bit. That should take care of any boost problems.

hakcenter said:
if anything you'd want the WG hole smaller, so your spring wouldn't have as much pressure pressing it to open.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yeah but the spring it comes with is 14psi that means it should hold 28, 30psi cause yo max boost is ususally twice your spring.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back