The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g head better than 1g for NT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92_4g63

Probationary Member
Sep 22, 2004
Williamsburg, Virginia
I have been doing some research and have found many people saying that port and polishing a Head in a NT car would lose hp do to the fact the NT car can't draw in the air as well. Most people use the blowing through a straw (small port) vs 3in pvc pipe (bigger ports) as an example. The straw would have more velocity which we need because we don't have a turbo to ram air in. Now taking this information wouldn't running a 2g turbo head (w/ smaller ports) yield more gain than a 1g turbo head with larger ports?

Is this theory totally wrong or what? :dsm:

Also to make it easier I am comparing both Turbo heads so ignore cams I just want to know about the ports.

ya you are right from what i have herd anyway and it makes sense i was gonna do it a while back but i didnt have enough money at the time to buy the head. the 2gen turbo head has smaller ports than the 1gen head all 1gen 2.0 heads are the same. hope that helps. :laser:

Well I was hoping for more answers...Come on wisemen of the dsm world. It seems to make sense but I also don't want the ports to be too restrictive later down the road when I get bigger cams. But I probably will be getting a 2g head anyways. I am going to try and stay NT. My goal is really just to have a fun car and maybe a little autox, not to lay down ungodly numbers like dsms are known for. Lets put it this way, when I swapped my 1.8 for a 2.0 I though I was going to cry because of the difference I don't need lots of hp to have fun. :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back