The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Custom Tail lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED TREAD 97

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2006
San Juan, Texas
Has anyone ever added light bulbs to the center piece othe the tail lights of a 2g Eclipse?? It looks deep enough to add about 4 lights and paint the inside silver.. I just want an idea of what it looks like if anyone has done it. thanks

Remember that if you decide to do this, you must have these new bulbs in sync with the OEM specs. This means that the center would need to become brighter when you brake and what-not.

yeah, i have thought it out as far as using 4 bulbs in there and using one for one to power the bulbs, as to not over load one bulb with 2 extras...and getting them wired into the break specs and all.....I'm even changing all bulbs to leds to keep the temp down. what would be cool would be to have the light in a directional segment sequence, like the old cougars...but I'll be happy with the center peice just lighting up...:thumb: thanks though..

RED TREAD 97 said:
OMG where did that come from and where can i get one???!!

the $2000 one would be a bit much...I paid 2000 for my car geez..although it looks amazing

Did you look at the first link that I gave to you and looked at post # 20?? I guess not. :toobad:

DSMunknown said:
Remember that if you decide to do this, you must have these new bulbs in sync with the OEM specs. This means that the center would need to become brighter when you brake and what-not.
The center could be legally illuminated as a running light. Braking would not have to be included.

DGajre777 said:
Did you look at the first link that I gave to you and looked at post # 20?? I guess not. :toobad:

YesSir I did....the guy took 9 months to complete it....I was kinda wanting to know what it would look like with 4 more 1157 Bulbs in LED...the 8 billion tiny LEDs he put together looks beyond amazing...but i haven't the time, resources or knowledge to put them all together. A huge thanks goes out to everyone who's given me links and ideas. Keep'em coming if you all have any more to show.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back