The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g With Stuttering Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93RS

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2011
Brandon, South_Dakota
My 1g has begun to run like crap:cry: It's mostly stock with a MBC set to 11psi, UICP, and a 2g tb elbow. My issue that I'm having is sometimes when I get into boost it will stutter pretty bad. It seems to do it the worst in 1rst and usually doesn't act up too much in 5th. So The more load on it the harder it stutters. The Idle is also all over the place. Somedays it will idle normal and when it is you get into boost it will run like it a dream. Then within that same day It will start idle surging and when you get anything over 3-5psi and it cuts out bad. Almost like maybe bad coil pack? I have done alot of searching and I've found a couple of possibilities.... Boost leak, obvious but it seems too inconsistent to be a BL, Coil Packs thats honestly what I am thinking, I read on VFAQ something about a transistor that comes unplugged?? I looked and couldnt find anything. Plugs and wires are new, brand new fuel filter. On a side note it seems to run better when it is cooler outside. Not sure where to go I just want my baby running right again.... Any help is greatly appreciated!!! THANKS:laser:

The transistor VFAQ talks about is your Ignition Control Module (AKA Power Transistor Unit). It's located on the intake manifold near the coil pack. A bad connection can definitely cause intermittent issues much like your describing since it is a major part of the ignition system. Clean the pins and connector, apply a light coating of dielectric grease to both, and make sure the connector snaps tight around the module.

But, I also suggest a boost leak test. It never hurts to know your intake is leak free.

Thats what i thought but i had one that did this to me to only at 10psi. One minute its there next its not kind of.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back