The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1g braided stainless brake lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo4banger4g63

5+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2018
lorain, Ohio
I have a 90 fwd with dual piston front calipers, I noticed when ordering the lines it calls for a different kit depending on the year, just wondering if I should go with the kit for the later dual piston brakes or for my actual year?? also any recommendations on what lines to go with??

I have a 90 fwd with dual piston front calipers, I noticed when ordering the lines it calls for a different kit depending on the year, just wondering if I should go with the kit for the later dual piston brakes or for my actual year?? also any recommendations on what lines to go with??

Actually, if you would like to bolt them on you will need a kit that has the proper fittings at both ends. See here.

https://jnztuning.com/product/jnz-tuning-stainless-braided-brake-line-kit-1g-awd-dsm/

"If you have upgraded your 1G with later model front brake caliper with the banjo fitting rather than the flare fitting please be sure to select that option below."

Since my search pointed me here I'm going to bump up this thread.

I ordered the banjo style stainless lines from JNZ and am wondering what is needed to use them.

I've seen a lot of threads about fitting 2G calipers on a 1G but none have mentioned upgrading to stainless lines at the same time.

From my research it seems if one was to buy the banjo lines from JNZ they would only need the OEM calipers from a 2G?
What about pads and rotors? I think they are different but want a 100% answer before spending money.
What about the banjo bolt itself? Stock 2G?

EDIT:
I see 05/06 Outlander is also another route.
Looks like this is just the caliper brackets, calipers, pads, and rotors?
Sounds like the stainless banjo lines will bolt right up to the calipers.
Seems like this would be the better way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back