The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

zmax and other crap [Merged 4-8] Slick 50 oil gas additive additives snake

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CH152

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2002
Lexington, Kentucky
I have put zMAX in all parts of my car that came with the kit, they replace the parts if something breaks while you are treating it with it. You all ever used it before? if you have let me know, and also what other additives have you all used that you could tell a difference in? i.e. motor up, engine restore. let me know:thumb:

all gimmicks to get poeple to buy their worthless product. its warrantied because it will really do nothing to your engine....good or bad

I have used lucas oils in my other car, yeah its a honda, i thought i had the honda accord running good. I LOVE DSM's the darn thing left the accord sitting wheni first bought the car. Back to the oil additvies, lucas oils are good, i am jsut trying something new, i watched an hour long show on sunday about zMAX and mario andretti using it and running a camera down inside of an engine to shoe how well that it cleaned. hollar back at this

Some additives are "Okay" IMO. Lucas Oil has proven to be a reliable laboratory created synthetic. Innocentive probably came up with the design originally as a 4,000.00 for .5grams crystalline solid at 98% purity. They won't even use chromatography for purification with it.

Back to the subject,
Most cleaning additives are not a good idea especially on high mileage engines. When you take all the cylinders in a brand new engine, over time they begin to get carbon deposits. The cylinder walls have pores in them that your typical synthetic adheres to, creating a friction bond. the rings and cylinder wall wear and conform to the shape of the cylinder walls with these bonds and deposits. When a cleaner is introduced it strips these deposits and bonds from the walls and allows pressure, and oil to pass through the new gaps between the rings and the cylinder wall. When this happens the engine starts burning oil and wearing the rings and not to mention the bearings even faster than before, until it recreates those deposits and bonds by wearing the surfaces back down.

Does this make sense to you?

Well didn't know abotu the lawsuit there on zMAX, the car is a 98 and only has 76,000 miles on it which is a lil for a 98 model but still the engine/tranny is in good shape

I am curious on what you guys are using out there, hollar back at me and let me know what you think works best, and yes right now i am using the zMAX stuff. Does that 0-60 booster stuff really work at all?:D

- I tried the Z-max kit in my DSM awhile back, gas milage went from 250 mile/tk to 280 m/t with mostly high RPM driving, but went back down to 250 after about 6 months, I only drive my DSM 2-3 days a month, it dosen't worth the $. $.02

Exactly....theres nothing better than fuel itself, If there is some way you can get 100 octane or 104 unleaded and mix it with w/e ever all yall Kentukiens have out there youll be saving money. Those octane boosters are over rated and typically only raise about .5 point per 10 gallons. Why no just buy 2 gallons of 100 octane (for 8$) mix it with w/e you got and there you go. It works great, and when Im in a good mood Ill treat myself to a few gallons just to see what its like for you lucky guys that actually get 93 at the pump... (sigh)

We KEntuckians here only get 93 at the pump i think i saw 95 once, i will check in at the tracks here and see where i can get that at or jsut buy 20 bottles of octane booster and dump it in. LOL

i figure i would give it a try, i put that kit in the transmission, damn its so smooth could have been where i changed the trans oil too. shew i am worn out i have worked on the car since 10 this morning, i took it out for another spin, got it up to 116 this time in 3rd. Yeah but thats from the O2 port and cat cut off.

dude your using ZMAX!!?!?!? ITS BEEN KNOW TO CORRODE ENGINES FASTER THAN PROLONGING IT!!!!! THERE IS A LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM!!! EMPTY IT OUT RIGHT NOW!

Originally posted by CH152
We KEntuckians here only get 93 at the pump i think i saw 95 once, i will check in at the tracks here and see where i can get that at or jsut buy 20 bottles of octane booster and dump it in. LOL

Oh, you poor, unfortunate souls. :rolleyes:

Come out to California and learn real pain when you discover nothing but 91 octane for the highest offering. :(

I'm also stuck with the dreaded California plague of 91oct. BUT, there is relief in sight....well, for a few anyway. Go to www.76.com. Keep in mind that 76 is the official gas of NASCAR. Now, agreed, most of us despise the overgrown backwards looking stock cars, but for once they will help us. Due to the EXTREME volumes of gas that those beasts hog down, 76 makes a massive excess. So they sell it. AT THE PUMP. From their website you can do a search for which stations carry the 100 OCTANE gas. Yes, you read it right. You can PUMP 100 octane at certain stations. Most of the ones in Cali are in the LA area. I recommend all us folk that are hurting for decent gas, do a search. You might be surprised. 76 doesnt' advertise it for who knows what reasons, but it's there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back