The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Wont go above 2,000 rpm's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlmightySo

Proven Member
May 1, 2014
New Castle, Delaware
When I press on the gas the rpms don't go above 2k, in first gear I have to baby it for the rpms to rise. Its like this in all gears. I unplugged the tps and tried it, same problem. I swapped ecu's, same problem. I swapped injectors, same problem. What could be causing this? (2g gsx 1996 body/97 engine) Here's a video.

Video shows exactly what im talking about.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

First check all your boost hoses and vacuum lines then check your mass air flow sensor make sure its properly installed and connected then do a continuity test from mass sensor to ecu if it passes replace the mass sensor.

When did it start doing this?

Is your maintenance up to date?

As others have mentioned do a boost leak test.

Don't keep swapping parts blindly.

If anything you should have got Link when you swapped ECU's this would have made diagnosing issues a walk in the park.

Your running lean what are you tunning with and how many lbs of boost are u running.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back