The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Who has/had ran Direct port Nos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g63telantra

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2004
Toronto, Ontario_Canada
Ill be getting my direct port NX kit soon and just wanted to know if people have ran a 2nd fuel pump to feed the fuel solenoid.

If not what did you do to feed the the fuel solenoid?

Can I run it from the fuel pressure reg? (AEM FPR 2inlets/1outlet)

It depends on how large a shot you are going with. If you are staying under a 100hp shot then you can just tap into the fuel line above the fuel filter on the banjo fitting. But if you want to get fancy then you could run a boost pump and a cheap regulator to control the pressure. Feed that to the fuel solenoid and have it arm with the Nitrous setup. Its a lot to do but it will provide no pressure drop when you spray. I learned this from a bunch of honda shops in the area. Some of the honda guys spraying in excess of 100hp were losing fuel pressure and it would not come back up for a while leaning them out burning the pistons.

Its what i'm doing, running a second fuel system. Seperate cell, lines, pump, regulator. The plus side to this is you can run race gas in this cell, and/or another fuel solenoid off it to another nozzle to act as an alky injection system.

We've got a 150 shot direct port on my friends 99 GSX ( it's a fully built 600+ HP car though) and we run the Nitrous off the extra ports on the AFPR. It's worked fine for over 2 years and never showed any problems on the dyno or track. He does always break something though, every time the car comes out it gets towed home it seams ( unless we were just out tuning or getting some food) But he's the type of guy that will side step the clutch at 6000RPM just to see what it feels like to launch that hard. So you can imagine how much stuff he breaks LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back