The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

NOS Direct port jetting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM Storm

20+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2002
MassachusettsUS
Im curious as to what some of you guys are running for jetting? I had played with the kit early last year to find that the jetting recommendations that NOS gave me were too rich, im spraying a .018 Fuel jet and a .024 Nitrous jet, since that was too rich i picked up a set of saphire jets, .016 & .014, the .016 ran alot better even though it was still a bit rich, but I didnt have much time to play with it since I swapped to a VPC then AEM late season, I plan on swapping in the .014 jets once I pick up the wideband and get the AEM box tweaked, this is supposed to give me 20hp / cyl from what NOS tells me. Anyone running a larger/smaller shot?

80hp was quite a kick in the azz :) unfortunatly it creams through a 10lb bottle quicker than I expected, time to add another 10lb scuba tank :)

Storm

Well I am running the 24-18 @48psi and am not having any problems and nitrous guidlines says that is a 120 (BHP) increase. yes this kicks but. It also takes 1.4lbs per 10 seconds. I like the set up that I have but I need a programable progresive nitrous controller. you can program the controller to flow @ 25% of the nitrous 1.5 sec into the run and increase it to 75% @5.3 sec. or you can go to 100 % sooner. this will minimize the wheel spin off of the line then smoothly transition to full power when the wheels will hook up.

Nitro:

Did you have to lean the car out when spraying? This setup was just too rich for my car, and without any real engine managment, setting the AFC to lean was a pain every time I wanted to run nitrous, now that I am using a standalone, I can always use the extra fuel. As for the NOS guidlines, I can assure you that you are not spraying a 120hp shot, you are actually spraying around 80hp, those guidlines are for a 6 cylinder engine.

Storm

I believe you a correct but from the manual that came with the kit says, 120/160/200, otherwise in my 2001 nitrous oxide performance products book it says that kit "04430nos" 4 cylender engines is 80 to well over 225hp. So which is correct? And yes it is rich but that is why I am getting a aftermarket sx fpr to tone down the pressure.

Nitro,

When I bought the kit I had the same question, I called NOS tech line to verify those jet settings, they mentioned that they were for a 6 cylinder engine with a direct port fogger system and that the 24F/18N jets are an 80 shot for a 4 cylinder.

Storm

Originally posted by nitroawdtalon
I believe you a correct but from the manual that came with the kit says, 120/160/200, otherwise in my 2001 nitrous oxide performance products book it says that kit "04430nos" 4 cylender engines is 80 to well over 225hp. So which is correct? And yes it is rich but that is why I am getting a aftermarket sx fpr to tone down the pressure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back