The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Whats wrong, need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth98es

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2003
Keokuk, Iowa
1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd
138k miles

Recent maintenance: Changed oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, and spark plug wires no less then 500 miles ago. Added a can of Gunk injector cleaner to the gas tank two fillups ago.

Problem: The car jerks really bad. Kind of constantly cuts out then comes back in. Has an idle surge, but continues to surge while driving. I find that if I let the car warm up thoroughly then the surge will not happen. But if I try to drive it while its still a tad cold it will surge and be a pain to drive(very jerky, have to ride clutch). It also will just start to happen out of nowhere sometimes, very random. And on highways, I cannot drive on highways. If the car is acting fine, then I go for a 30 mile road trip on the highway(55-60mph only) it will start to surge.

I dont know, but it kind of feels like a dieing fuel pump? Maybe a clogged injector somehow? I have a logger but I need to buy a cable for my Palm m105 for it to work. In the mean time, does anybody have any insight? I dont want to go buying and replacing parts when I dont really know what the problem is. Thanks in advance guys!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back