The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Need help figuring out whats wrong.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kdouglas89

Proven Member
Jul 8, 2013
Davenport, Iowa
To make things short, I took my head off basically I thought i bent a valve. Realized I didn't. I went ahead and upgraded valve springs, seals, and put a cosmetic head gasket on.

The car runs like crap. Hardly any power. It idles fine in park, but once I put it in gear, the idle drops down to about 300, and if I am driving, once I release the gas it wants to die, idling at around 150-200.

I am in time, I did a boost leak test and I am holding air fine. I have not done a compression test yet.

I am having issues with a battery draw somewhere, and Ive had this issue before I tore head off. Its a brand new battery with a new alternator. Car was running and charging fine before I tore head off.

99 gsx w/ 95 ecu. I have link V3 if I could use that to help.

Besides fixing your voltage issue (which can cause all sorts of problems), go down this checklist:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/please-read-before-you-ask-for-ecmlink-dsmlink-log-advice.443297/

Calan, I followed your exact guide 2 days ago. My fuel pressure is 43.5, I am in time mech and base. My Plugs and wires are relatively new and gapped at .28. I did a boost leak test yesterday and I have better results than what I did before I rebuilt my head. I am not spotting any wires or sensors that I forgot to plug in. My compression is 170 across the board. I rebuilt my throttle body last month due to a TB seal leak. I do not have any CEL codes.

I have not changed anything on link since I did the rebuild. "I rebuilt because I broke a valve spring".

Alright, I put everything back together, and I swapped around my plug wires and it seems to be running 90% normal again. Still some studdering when changing gears "A/T".

Please review these logs and see if anything out of the ordinary. Thank you very much!

Edit: Apparently I didn't save my cruise idle... I will have to upload one later.

Question: Does link over ride my TPS sensor? As in, if the sensor is bad, will link still show .63 and 5v even though those numbers arn't true?

Attachments

• Idle2.elg
    54.2 KB · Views: 42
  • In_gear_idle2.elg
    51 KB · Views: 40
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back