The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

What do u think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1g dsm d22

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2008
westminster, Colorado
No shaft play, at all. but oil comes out between the cylinder head and the exhaust mani in two cylinders, oil bubles on the gasket LOL. also a lil of oil comes out through the intake side of the turbo. :confused: cylinder head was re-seald/gaskets about 4 months ago. when i drive it theres no smoke at all coming from the exhaust. ive searched through the forums, but most of the threads here, most have shaft play or upgraded turbos. i have the tdo5h lil turbo LOL. so help me out here guys......thanks!!!

Anyone have an idea? LOL

Last edited:
how many miles does your engine have? it sounds to me like you may have a combination of blowby, or worn out rings..... Also, have you checked your turbo oil drain? If it is restricted, you can have a excess of oil in your turbo, proper drainage is crucial, pressurized oil is fed to your turbo, but it simply drains out the bottom. Also, smell your exhaust, if you have any non-gas smell, that may be a clue. Do a compression test, it's a great way to tell how healthy your engine is internally.

+1 on compression test and go from there... Oil in the turbo intake could be the turbo seals or the oil return line could be kinked. How many miles are on the turbo?

Miles on the motor and turbo are unknown guy dew to junkyard swap before I bought the car. I noticed because of all the bright orange markings everywhere on the motor. And ya I've had 3 people now telling me its the piston rings. Therefore I'm gona swap the motor with a known good one with 80,000 mileish motor from a friend of mine :) and a rebuilt head for 400 bucks LOL, 6bolt. Drop this one and drive on that one till I can get this mine rebuilt :) thanks a lot for the response guys!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back