The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What are you doing this winter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aproductions

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2009
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Just wanted to start a thread to see what some of your projects were for the winter. I just picked up a 1991 Galant VR-4 #0063/2000.

Plans for this are to delete ABS and possible 4WS along with 5 lug conversion and 4 bolt rear.

Attachments

• photo 2-5.JPG
    photo 2-5.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 148
  • photo 1-5.png
    photo 1-5.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 150
Nice! I'll be pulling a 6bolt apart i bought as a spare to learn all about the 4g63 and then build it to hold everything i could possibly ever want to throw at it. Noticed one of the exhaust manifold studs is larger than the others on one ofnthe top studs, probably stripped and re tapped.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Install Evo3 Intake and 1g TB. (waiting on intake and TB gasket)
Install Comp Cams 101200 and new harmonic balancer. (on hand)
Install trans temp and fuel pressure gauges. (on hand)
Install Forced Four shift box and finish up paddle shifter assembly. (all on hand)
Fix boost leaks and random CELs cause by emissions deletes. (tuning tools on hand)
Have new convertible top and seals installed. (on hand)
Upgrade the 20g turbo to an extended tip and possibly new turbine.
4-point with harness bar.
Paint.

While it doesn't seem like a huge list, I'm very particular. I pretty much have everything on hand at this point, just waiting for the manifold I bought arrive. I should be pretty far along this time next week. Paint and the convertible top is a huge must for this season. I feel like a goon having a multi-colored car with a glass window pushed out.

Shooting for 400hp.

Doing a fusebox relocate/tuck and possibly the engine harness, just ordered V3 full, battery relocate to the hatch might also be done as well as whatever parts i decide to buy thru out the winter LOL....

What is all going into the winter build, you ask.....deep breath....

- Dropping the tranny and doing the clutch
- Timing belt job
- Injectors/Fuel Pump/FPR
- Brake Upgrade
- 20g Turbo install
- Find/Fix all boost leaks
- Cold Air Box
- Finish the battery relocation
- Buying 17x9s for my 266 Z1s :p
- Re-setting the coil overs & Alignment w/ some nice camber
- A base tune

Should be a nice long winter of fun.

My signature says some of it but other than that, install some 1000cc, front mount install, o2 dump,boost controller,afpr, got my trans rebuilt already with new clutch assembly, and a tune on a stock head/ built bottom end since it's been running for a while now I'm going to leave the motor alone and see what she can do this march.

I'll be driving it. It would be very un-Coloradan of me to leave my AWD car in the garage when it snows. :)

I'd just be worried about some other moron hitting me because they forgot snow and ice are slippery.

Doing nothing. It's sitting under a tarp for the winter. Maybe I'll put cash aside for needed things next year, maybe it will sit, maybe I will sell. No idea yet.

Make Battery Hold down (battery is located on sub-frame now)
install and grease rear upper adjustable arms
install coolant overflow tank
possibly install fluid damper if it goes low enough on sale for black Friday from extremepsi. (crank pulley is showing signs of separation)
putting old tires on it to sit and draining all the old e85 out for winter.

To be honest probably pre fab some new pipes for my intercooler,install some new 880cc injectors. Probably do some body work to fill in all the hail that happened to it. Some custom body parts aswell as some wider tires.

I'm finishing all my DSM work prior to the first snow so I can actually drive it in the winter.

Plan to work on my n/t 300ZX. It desperately needs a new transmission, clutch, and driveshaft. While the motor's out, it'll get a brand new wiring harness too.

Hopefully putting a motor in my '98 TSI.

Ill be putting the spyder on the back burner and starting my new project, a sub 2000# ~500rwhp 4g car.. Not going to say just yet because I want to start and get a good bit in before I reveal it. ;) Oh and itll be a 5 speed car. People say autos are the way to go, pshh still not the same as bangin gears!

Must be from texas^^ hah
Put the winter tires on
I'm also hopeing no one hits my car this winter because my transmission is getting rebuilt as we speak and I want to paint the laser next year LOL

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back