The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

To pull the motor,or not to pull the motor...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bignbumpin

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 29, 2003
Manchester, New_Jersey
Bought the car a few weeks ago from a kid who seemed like he knew what he was doing...well i was wrong. The motor at first glance looks clean and neat but its far from it. Im thinking about pulling the motor completely and going over everything. This includes putting in 95 pistons and a an act clutch. Most of the lines and hoses need to be replaced anyway, so that will be done too. Stock cams would go back in and a few more mods might be done. I was just wondering if you guys hink i should go through with it. Im in no rush and I think thtis would be a good chance to get her running perfect. Any comments? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by bignbumpin
Bought the car a few weeks ago from a kid who seemed like he knew what he was doing...well i was wrong. The motor at first glance looks clean and neat but its far from it. Im thinking about pulling the motor completely and going over everything. This includes putting in 95 pistons and a an act clutch. Most of the lines and hoses need to be replaced anyway, so that will be done too. Stock cams would go back in and a few more mods might be done. I was just wondering if you guys hink i should go through with it. Im in no rush and I think thtis would be a good chance to get her running perfect. Any comments? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!
I would check the compression first, before removing the entire engine if it were me. If that checks out fine then I wouldn't see any reason to remove it.:)

Originally posted by Shifty
what's wrong with it to begin with?

Bunch of little stuff. Leaks, bolts missing, the oil leak that i had previously covered the engine compartment with oil and the damn flying dipstick doesnt help either...LOL...I want to put in a new clutch and new pistons anyway, and some other stuff need to be done...ie EGR block off, new lines and hoses and an overall check. I want things to be done right and i plan on taking my time. Who knows what else could be wrong? The kid replaced the head gasket himself and that bothers me too. Im gonna send out the head and have it checked as well

Personally........... might as well fix it now, if not you'll just have to do it later :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back