The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

The Official "What's this DSM worth?" Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ya unless your audi is a piece of crap , not saying that it is, I wouldn't trade for any DSM like that. Your audi is probably worth around 8-10 grand. So for a fair trade you would want a DSM that is worth that. Your looking for a DSM with a fully rebuily motor by a reputable company i.e.: Buschur Racing, Slowboy Racing, Pruven, Magnus, AMS, just to name a few. Your probably not going to want a DSM from people telling you about their 14b, 16g, Evo turbos, etc. that they are talking like they are godly. You'll probably want to be looking for ones with turbos such as Percision, Forced Performance, Garrett, HTA and many others, I can't name them all. Cars with HKS, Kelford, G2, Cosworth cams are good to name a few. These are some of the things you should look for to find a DSM that might be worth around 8-10 thousand.

ok so i know absolutely nothing about these cars, i have an audi tt right now and i am tired of it. i got offered a 95gst with the following, i am just wondering does anything seem wrong with it from whats being listed or running too much boost or anything that would send a red flag: also how much would you say its worth based on everything said here? all help is appreciated LOL....

95 DSM GST
129,050 ON DASH, LEATHER, ICE COLD AC, PS, PW, SUNROOF. GREAT CAR, SUPER CLEAN. PAINT IS 3 MONTHS OLD
HKS BLOW-OFF, HKS CAMS AND CAM GEARS, GREDDY INTERCOOLER, MEGAN RACING PIPINg
CAMS LIKE A V-8
SUPER 16G EVO 3 TURBO, BRAND NEW ONLY 100 MILES
APEXI AVC-R BOOST CONTROLLER: RUNNING 22LBS OF BOOST.
APEXI S-AFC CONTROLLER.
GREDDY TURBO TIMER.
OBX FULL STRUT BARS: FRONT TOP, BACK TOP AND BOTTOM
MSD 8.5MM WIRES
AUTOMETER AIR/FUEL, BOOST , AND SHIFT LITE
17IN ICON WHEELS
FRESH OIL CHANGE WITH ROYLE PURPLE 10W-40, WITH K&N OIL FILTER
- Custom silver paint with metallic blue pearl
- 6 bolt 4g63 DOHC motor and ported head
- B&M Short Throw shifter
- Walbro 255 fuel pump
- Hks stage 2 272 cams
- AEM 550cc injectors
- Wilwood cross drilled and slotted rotors with painted calipers
- A.C.T. Stage 3 clutch
- New axles
- Koni fully adjustable coilover suspension
- Halo HID headlights

Stay away from the trade, the kid is obviously trying to rip you off. If you're tired of your pretty reliable Audi, then you don't want a DSM, after it starts breaking down because of a lifetime of abuse it can become a headache. If you do want to trade your current car for a DSM I would suggest trading it for an AWD with good quality mods or at least buy it from someone who seems like he knows what he's talking about instead of making you an offer saying "OMGZ! CAMS LIKE A V8!!!"

Stay away from the trade, the kid is obviously trying to rip you off. If you're tired of your pretty reliable Audi, then you don't want a DSM, after it starts breaking down because of a lifetime of abuse it can become a headache. If you do want to trade your current car for a DSM I would suggest trading it for an AWD with good quality mods or at least buy it from someone who seems like he knows what he's talking about instead of making you an offer saying "OMGZ! CAMS LIKE A V8!!!"

^^^^^^^^

I thought that when I read the post. ROFL

Yeah don't trade for that. Definitely sounds fishy. Dsms are a dime a dozen on Craigslist but the good ones take some fishing to find.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ok so i know absolutely nothing about these cars, i have an audi tt right now and i am tired of it. i got offered a 95gst with the following, i am just wondering does anything seem wrong with it from whats being listed or running too much boost or anything that would send a red flag: also how much would you say its worth based on everything said here? all help is appreciated LOL....

95 DSM GST
129,050 ON DASH, LEATHER, ICE COLD AC, PS, PW, SUNROOF. GREAT CAR, SUPER CLEAN. PAINT IS 3 MONTHS OLD
HKS BLOW-OFF Prob. a knock off,
HKS CAMS AND CAM GEARS,
GREDDY INTERCOOLER, Long route core
MEGAN RACING PIPINg
CAMS LIKE A V-8
SUPER 16G EVO 3 TURBO, BRAND NEW ONLY 100 MILES Ebay turbo
APEXI AVC-R BOOST CONTROLLER: RUNNING 22LBS OF BOOST. bad tuning
APEXI S-AFC CONTROLLER. better tuning out there
GREDDY TURBO TIMER. Not needed unless you do hot shut offs all the time
OBX FULL STRUT BARS: FRONT TOP, BACK TOP AND BOTTOMEbay and I'd like to know what the bottom strut is
MSD 8.5MM WIRES
AUTOMETER AIR/FUEL, BOOST , AND SHIFT LITE Unless it's wideband, it's useless just like the shift light
17IN ICON WHEELS
- 6 bolt 4g63 DOHC motor and ported head Need paperwork to verify
- Walbro 255 fuel pump paperwork or pull out pump to verify
- Hks stage 2 272 cams HKS doesn't list stages...
- AEM 550cc injectors You want a better company i.e. FIC
- Wilwood cross drilled and slotted rotors with painted calipers Paperwork
- A.C.T. Stage 3 clutch ACT doesn't list stages (2100, 2600, 2900)
- New axles part store or DSS axles
- Koni fully adjustable coilover suspension Get paperwork especially if it's the custom DG setup
- Halo HID headlights Ebay

I would stay away from it personally. If anything, trade and have him throw at least another 4k in.

edit: Scott types faster than me. In my defense I'm at work right now...

When I look at one of these cars I always assume the worst. Usually I'm not far off, but sometimes I get a pleasant surprise. So many of them have been hacked together by someone who simply doesn't care. Either way, the value of almost any 95 FWD DSM is lower than your TT. Get specifics on his trade and haggle until he offers cash on top enough to qwell any nervousness you may have.

PAINT IS 3 MONTHS OLD
Probably to cover up rust damage or color match replaced body parts from an accident. Check the front strut towers and the rocker panels just in front of the rear wheels really well for signs of hidden or only cosmetically-patched rust.

HKS BLOW-OFF, HKS CAMS AND CAM GEARS
Possibly all knockoffs.

GREDDY INTERCOOLER, MEGAN RACING PIPINg
That intercooler is a long route design and not a big attraction. Piping is piping unless it leaks or you want it to look pretty.

CAMS LIKE A V-8
Translation: It idles like shit and randomly dies.

Chinese made eBay crap. Might last 5k miles if you only want 12psi of boost for about 3-5 seconds at a time.

I'd much rather use a simple MBC.

APEXI S-AFC CONTROLLER.
Worst. Tuning. Device. Available.

Narrowband O2 sensor gauges are completely worthless, but Autometer does make wideband gauges, so find out which sensor is hooked to that AFR gauge.

17IN ICON WHEELS
Cheap and probably ugly.

Ported by whom? Did some Joe Blow get bored and start hacking away at it with a dremel?

- Walbro 255 fuel pump
But no AFPR listed... so likely getting FPR overrun, which may further explain the idle quality.

- AEM 550cc injectors
Bullshit.
AEM doesn't do injectors.

Ask what calipers, and what size rotors. My guess is they're stock replacement rotors.

- A.C.T. Stage 3 clutch
Ask for a receipt to prove it.

- New axles
Why?

If it's true, could possibly be pretty nice.

- Halo HID headlights
Probably cheap junk from eBay. May be related to why the car was repainted. Check to see if the front bumper is OEM with the mitsubishi symbol in the center, if not then I'm guessing it's been wrecked.

haha thanks for all the feedback guys i think im stayin away from this car LOL. thanks for the quick responce, you probably saved me from another headache down the road.

95 DSM GST
HKS BLOW-OFF, HKS CAMS AND CAM GEARS, GREDDY INTERCOOLER, MEGAN RACING PIPINg
CAMS LIKE A V-8
APEXI S-AFC CONTROLLER.
GREDDY TURBO TIMER.
OBX FULL STRUT BARS: FRONT TOP, BACK TOP AND BOTTOM
MSD 8.5MM WIRES
17IN ICON WHEELS
- Walbro 255 fuel pump
- Hks stage 2 272 cams
- AEM 550cc injectors
- A.C.T. Stage 3 clutch
- New axles
- Halo HID headlights

I LOL'd When I saw he was running 22 lbs of boost on a 16g with 550cc Injectors. Is that even possible without hitting a fuel cut?
Its all just bull and hes trying to rip you off. If you were trying to trade the Audi TT only thing IMO that would be worth it is a GSX 98-99 with under 60k miles

I don't say that the dsm has chinese parts. The parts it has seems unrealistic but thats just me. I love TTs so i think you have my answer :)

I LOL'd When I saw he was running 22 lbs of boost on a 16g with 550cc Injectors. Is that even possible without hitting a fuel cut?
Its all just bull and hes trying to rip you off. If you were trying to trade the Audi TT only thing IMO that would be worth it is a GSX 98-99 with under 60k miles

Yes, its possible to run 22 pounds of boost on a 16G with 550s.

hey guys i have been trying to sell of my 3g for a little bit to get a 2g gst or gsx. i really want the gsx for the traction. but the only problem is that there is none in this state i have looked every where. so i have found this 97 gst but it just sound to good to be true a 97 gst with 93k miles for only 5K here is the car:

Cars for Sale: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T in Dallas, TX 75234: Hatchback Details - 294327007 - AutoTrader.com

only thing im asking is does it look good to you guys and worth the drive from missouri to texas, and i know the gsx gets more grip but is there a way to get more grip from a gst to balance it out because im going to be turning this car into a project car. thanks for the help

Not really a car for sale but I have a turbo set up I no longer need and want to sell it to put towards a better bed (2 back surgeries last year). So, I was wondering what it's worth. I have a ballpark idea but I just want to make sure I'm not too far off. Here's the setup...

-Extreme Motorsports 2.5" Stainless o2 Housing
-Tial 40mm Wastegate
-Ported 2G Exhaust Manifold
-PTE SCM61 Turbo, 56 Trim Compressor Wheel, T350 Turbine Wheel
I also have a dump tube for the waste gate.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks for any help.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/2408780556.html
1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX All Wheel Drive
Okay, so there is a 96 GSX for 3700.
"5 Speed
120,000 miles
Aluminum rims
Coil over springs
Shock tower braces
Turbo Blow out Valve
Adjustable Koni Shocks
Heavy duty Sway bars
Stock and Racing 5 point seat belts"

I managed to get it down to 3300 because the paint is faded (just on the wing and side mirrors), dent on fender, and it has a rebuilt transmission but he put the old clutch in and thinks it needs to be replaced soon. I believe he said when he goes into 5 and steps on it, he feels something down there? He is an older guy and says he babies it. He hasn't done the 120k tune-up.

So my question is, is it worth it? Yesterday I was all for it, but I looked up the "how long do they last?" thread. And sadly, it almost changed my mind. Not very many 2g eclipses, even stock, had more than 120 without having a rebuild done. For every one car with an original motor, there was 10 with a rebuild. My current, totalled GSX has 160k with 30k on the rebuild and ran perfect before it got hit. But it needed a rebuild at 130k. I don't wanna buy this one and have to rebuild soon because cash is tight, I'm 19.

Sounds like a decent deal. If your worried about rebuilding then just baby it and do routine maintenance on it.

3300 and it will need be needing a clutch in near future :confused: If he babied it he wouldn't cheap out not buy a new clutch. An OEM clutch runs $100 or so. I would offer 2700 but I do have the habit to lowball LOL

Hey i whanna know what you guys have to say abouth these Talon

'91 AWD Metallic blue with silver skirt kit.
Manual transmission. Shifts like butter.
Cloth interior. 3bolt rear end.
Very little to no rust.
Factory Sunroof.
170 original km. Stored in garage last 8 years.
Just installed;
264/272 regrinds.
OEM water pump, OEM T-belt, OEM tensioner, pulleys, b/s removed.
New alternator. New Battery. Caps replaced on ECU.
Oil and Filter change.

Over $900 in parts alone for repairs without labour.

The car was 100% all stock. All the repairs just done and prepped for the road. Bought off original owner.

Alpine cd player.

Sold as is.

Needs windshield for safety.

1991 Eagle Talon tsi turbi awd Coupe - City of Toronto Cars For Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto Canada.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back