The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Problem with the instrument cluster

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ac1234

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 30, 2010
Houston, Texas
Ok, here I go again. Like I said before, my car was sitting down for 9 months while I was at Afghanistan with the ARMY. Now when Im driving my car, the speedometer is not marking the right speed. Everything works fine in the cluster. Fuel, temp, and the tachometer. Where I should start?? Thanks.

how do you know its not marking the right speed? do you have bigger or smaller tires/rims on your car while driving? Might just be a fuse or you need a new gauge cluster.

how do you know its not marking the right speed? do you have bigger or smaller tires/rims on your car while driving? Might just be a fuse or you need a new gauge cluster.
Because I use my gps and the gps in marking a speed and the car is marking a different speed. I have the OEM rims with oem tire size. I need to check the fuses. Thanks

Is it only a couple off? or is it like 10 off?If it's less that 5 off I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it's like 10+, one thing I saw, and I can't guarantee it'll work, was to pull the needle off, start the car, then put it at 0.Like I said I can't guarantee this will work, granted even if it doesn't work it's messed up either way right?

97eclipse.... Please stop giving incorrect information about this topic. The sensors are not readily available nor are they cheap. Not only that, there is nothing wrong with the sensor. Being a consistant 10 off means the gauge is incorrect. If it was a sensor issue the speedometer would have intermittent operation, not be reading incorrect. As others have suggested you need to adjust the needle on the gauge.

The easiest and quickest way would be to adjust the needle itself. If the problem persists after that, then maybe look at the sensor.

As everyone is stating about the needle being adjusted that is going to be the best option most likely. I started having this problem last week after my car sat for two weeks while out of town. At first the needle didn't move at all. I tore apart the dash and cluster and replaced the 20 amp fuse for the cluster and that did nothing. I ended up having a dead fuse slot so spliced an inline 20 amp fuse for my cluster. after that the gauge was working but about 8 mph off so I adjusted the needle and now its back on track. Hope this helps with yours.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back