The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G instrument cluster doesn't work

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sadc

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2008
Kapolei, Hawaii
So my ENTIRE instrument cluster doesn't work. I was tucking everything in my alarm install away. And a metal line touched my ACC line (blk/wht wire under the instrument panel)
And thats when my door buzzers started going off. My key was in the "on" Position. When its in the on position, and the door is open, it suppose to turn off, well it did before. But now It doesn't. So, I was like whatever I can live with that. But as I started the car, I noticed that I did have any rpm signal to my cluster. Then as I started to drive I didn't have ANYTHING working!? Even my factory boost gauge and my fuel gauge wasn't working. Checked the fuses in the engine bay. Is there a fuse for the instrument cluster in the car that controls the instrument cluster?:ohdamn::banghead:

Solution
MOTHER F-ER!!! LOL it was a fuse. I thought I checked them all pretty good. I guess not god enough. CASE SOLVED. buzzer went away too. Thanks man
is it where theres ALOT of fuses or just a 10amp fuse and like 3 relays. Where the power window relay is? So the place im talking about is right above your knee. If you take out the panel there you can see it. I tired looking at the fuses for the cluster right above the dead peadal. And looks like theres nothing for the cluster

I believe majority of the interior fuses is where the dead pedal is. I'd pull each one out and check it. You never know how these cars are electrically wired and going through the diagrams would take hours.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back