The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Poping noise when pressing the clutch pedal. Help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TracOwner

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 27, 2005
Denver, Colorado
There's this strange poping noise going on whenever I press the clutch. Sometimes it seems to be coming from the engine bay but other times it seems to be coming from the dash. Anybody know what this is?

TracOwner said:
There's this strange poping noise going on whenever I press the clutch. Sometimes it seems to be coming from the engine bay but other times it seems to be coming from the dash. Anybody know what this is?[/QUOTE

Can you 'Feel' the popping through your foot when you engage the pedal? Also, does your Tachometer go up/down with you push in the clutch? Try checking to see that nothing is in the way of the pedal assembly under the dash. that could be the case. It could be a number of things. Try checking the slave cylinder and make sure there is fluid in there and it's not leaking. :dsm:

I can kinda fell it.

But it's very strange. Sometimes it seems to be coming from the engine bay and other times it seems to be coming from the dash or the custom boost gauge :confused:

I'll do what you told me. Thx for the help :thumb:

My car does this as well. Check the master cylinder for sloppiness and try lubing the rod where it passes through the firewall. It got rid of mine for a bit but came back. Another possible culprit is the return assist spring, it could have worn a groove in the bracket and is just coming in and out of there. I have a new master cylinder sitting in my garage but I'm too lazy to put it in, maybe I will when the motor is out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back