The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Lowering Springs on eBay

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjgrizz73

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2007
Carbondale, Pennsylvania
:dsm: Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the lowering springs sold on eBay, I'd like to lower my 2g around 1.5-2" to sit nicely on the 18's I'm going to get. Thanks alot for any input...

I would not recommend any type of non branded springs sold on ebay. Teins, Eibachs, etc are fine. I have a set of some blue non branded ebay springs and they ride very bad the springs dont even compress when I try to push my car up and down. Pick up and Eibach pro kit and you will be set.

I have H&R sport springs, comparable to Eibach pro kit but the H&Rs sit lower. I'd say I'm about 1.75" lower than stock, and I measured before and after. cost me about $230ish on eBay if I recall correctly.

I would not recommend any type of non branded springs sold on ebay. Teins, Eibachs, etc are fine. Pick up the Eibach pro kit and you will be set.

Word to that bro. If you buy springs or shocks from ebay be sure they are a trusted brand, i wouldn't trust a no name brand expecially something to do with suspension. I bought some eibach springs and K&Y adjustables for my car from ebay and they were way cheaper than a performance store, and they work like a charm with no problems what so ever. So go TRUSTED brand name from ebay!

I have H&R sport springs, comparable to Eibach pro kit but the H&Rs sit lower. I'd say I'm about 1.75" lower than stock, and I measured before and after. cost me about $230ish on eBay if I recall correctly.

Im pretty sure you can find Eibachs for that price on ebay and every car will sit differently depending on the type of springs you buy also.

Yeah, Stay away from Ebay Coilovers and the Lowering Springs for like $40 are so soft that in 5 months they will sag so bad parts of your car will drag!

Hey thanks alot for your feedback guys, I appriciate it alot. Also how far should I lower it to keep it from sitting right on the ground, its just stock body and I'm putting 18's on with low profile tires on it just not sure what number. I think 1.75-2" might actually be to much and I'll have to end up putting a new front bumper on, esp where I live, alot of potholes.

Tein S type's are on EBAY for like 120 shipped. The advertised drop on the S-Type is 1.3", so you'll be safe........as long as you're ridin on low-pro's, which I'm sure you will be

On my 91 they said 1.8 and 1.6 drop, the front ended up being more than a 2 inch drop (barely 2 fingers of gap...) so i'm not sure Teins are the way to go.

I just put Eibach sportline springs on one of our crew cars... A Mazdaspeed6... Handles like a champ... I also put Skunk2 springs on a customers Focus.. Handles like a champ... Also put Tanabe springs on a 95 civic coupe.. Guess what.. Handles like a champ...

Then when I had my Cavalier a couple of years ago, I out no-name springs on it.... Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad waste of money...

In short... Go name brand... Eibach sportline or the pro kit are super super dope... But Tanabe is good, as is Skunk2... just look for the drop you want then compare some spring rates...

You mean you have never heard if skunk2 or eibach? Tein is super dope as well... I love them... I ran them on a CRX that we built... a little to stiff for what we needed, but effective nontheless....

Just dont go with ebay springs unless they are brand name...

Yea I was looking at Tein, and I also saw Zenn. Not quite sure how they are but they claim to be new and out of argentina. I looked them up online and they were about 180$ and on eBay about 110 shipped...any of you guys have experience with them?

If you are going to get a name brand spring I would buy it off of one of the supporting vendors for this site. It would give you peace of mind knowing that you are getting what you pay for and you know for sure what the product actually is. But if you want to try the cheap route there is nothing wrong with going through Ebay. Despite being Ebay springs the ones I bought for my car are quite nice. They have a 2 inch drop all around. I bought these for my 1g last year and they are still working as well as the day i bought them. If I remember correctly these are Megan Racing springs.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mits...ItemQQcategoryZ33586QQitemZ150104276882QQrdZ1
This is a link for their 2g option.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ecli...ItemQQcategoryZ33586QQitemZ150104276885QQrdZ1

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back