The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

j pipe nipple forced closed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shnizzle

Proven Member
Apr 21, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
so i was going to install a MBC and saw that the j pipe coming out of the turbo has a nipple on it but it was forced shut. like somebody smashed the ends together for some reason. I was going to run the MBC like this:

Jpipe -> MBC -> Wastegate

My current setup is like this:

BOV -> T -> intake manifold
->wastegate

so if i were to re-open this nipple and connect the MBC everything should work fine right? i dont see why he closed this nipple, do you guys have any idea?

Not sure why, since most people agree on not tapping into the bov line. As long as you connect the lines to the correct sides of the mbc, I can't see any problem reconnecting it to the j pipe. That would be the ideal way actually.

how bad is it smashed in? dose it look like he used vise grips to smash it closed? if so make Shure the nipple has no splits or cracks when you re open it.

Should be fine, just use caution when re opening the nipple. Tying alot of line in to one source is never a good idea. Im having to fix those mistakes from one of the previous owners on my car. If the fitting is FUBARed you can cut it off, clean up the hole and pick up a NPT threaded barbed fitting to pop in it. My old Miata that I turbo'd had the exact same problem and did fine with that fix.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_rn...29,d.eWU&fp=10275e1b9c379ac8&biw=1440&bih=722

how bad is it smashed in? dose it look like he used vise grips to smash it closed? if so make Shure the nipple has no splits or cracks when you re open it.

its pretty clean, i didnt even notice it was the nipple at first actually. im just gonna saw the split end off and hook up the hose.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back