The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

H&R sport springs paired with tokico blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'96_Talon_TSi

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 24, 2003
West Bloomfield/K-zoo, Michigan
I'm pretty set on getting H&R sport springs, but im having trouble deciding on the shocks to pair with them. I know that koni yellows would be the best choice, but it just doesn't fit the budget. I've heard decent things about the tokico blues, but there are a few things i'm curious about.

1) will the blues provide enough damping for the H&R sport springs?
2) are the shock bodies the proper length to handle a 1.4-1.7 inch drop?

I have the Tokico Blues (HP's) and the Tokico sport springs installed right now. They are 1 3/4" drop on the AWD models, and i was told after a month of use or so they will settle in another ¼" or less lower. Why exactly arent you going with Tokico springs? So far i have noticed and extreme difference in cornering while still utilizing a great ride heigth and ride quality. Its noticably lowered with that agressive sport look, but not so low it looks like a bagged show car scraping the front bumper on cigarette butts.
I will give Tokico a :thumb: anyday.

SpooledGSX98 said:
I have the Tokico Blues (HP's) and the Tokico sport springs installed right now. They are 1 3/4" drop on the AWD models, and i was told after a month of use or so they will settle in another ¼" or less lower. Why exactly arent you going with Tokico springs? So far i have noticed and extreme difference in cornering while still utilizing a great ride heigth and ride quality. Its noticably lowered with that agressive sport look, but not so low it looks like a bagged show car scraping the front bumper on cigarette butts.
I will give Tokico a :thumb: anyday.

I used to run the exact susp on my 98 talon. I still have the springs if he wants to buy them, damn near new. They were a great setup, rode better than stock and handled great. Its just lower than I want to go on my 95 talon so thats why I ordered the H&R sport springs (1.7 front, 1.4 rear).

You can check my gallery pics of my 98 talon lowered on the tokico springs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back