The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

H&R Sport Springs- bumpstop cutting??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96TalonAWD

20+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2002
Orlando, Florida
I already got this installed along woth tokico blues and camber kits on my car to get rid of the bounciness. The drop is 1.7 front and 1.4 in the back. It bounces a little bit less but still is not as solid as my 1999 Saturn stock suspension. I have read all this bumpstop cutting iim pretty sure mine had never been cut. What is the required cutting for my setup? anybody that has a similar setup than mine.

Yes, they should have been cut. If not they will tend to make the ride overly harsh.

They are just hard foam and can be cut with a hacksaw or sharp blade.

I had tokico blues with Eibach coilovers on with the purches cut when I bought the car, and the ride was really bumpy whenever I hit a bump. Not to mention that when I changed out my suspension I noticed that 2 of my shocks were blown (both on the left side), Then I bought another set of tokico blues and had to buy new coilovers because the eibachs were stuck on the shock and couldn't be removed. The ride was perfect after that, and for a good while, until I had my car lifted on a lift to install a new clutch. When they set it back down the ride felt really bumpy again, and so now I'm about to go with the tanbe sustecs. Does anyone know what might have happened with my ride?

yeah but how much they should be cut for my application? and it should be cut from the bootom or the top of the bumpstop

You cut the bumpstops from the bottom. Thats what makes contact with the strut and prevents it from bottoming out. As for how much to cut I would contact H&R. If you cut too much the supension will bottom out and you may blow the strut if you continue to drive on it.

Brian

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back