The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

FP Green/Tial MV-S Wastegate/ECMLink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedicine

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto, ON_Canada
Hello,

I just purchased a 38mm wastegate (Tial MV-S) and am trying to figure out how to install it. It will be paired with an STM 02 Recirculated housing , i have seen so many different methods of using the top port opposed to just the side port and am trying to figure out what is correct. This will be paired with Ingersoll-Rand/ARO 3-port Solenoid electronic boost controller

This is where the additional confusion is coming from. It shows the top port being used. Majority of the write ups on here don’t use the top

Does the top port add additional pressure on the spring making it close faster or anything of that nature if both are used?

FWIW I run an IGR with v3 and have it on the bottom port on an external 35/38 gate.

Other 2 go to boost reference and to the snorkel.

I followed ecmlinks write up.

Follow one of the diagrams for how you want to run it.

-Daniel

Does the top port add additional pressure on the spring making it close faster or anything of that nature if both are used?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This covers essentially every boost control configuration you would ever need to consider and the benefits of each. See if this clears up your questions.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back