The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evo wheels on a 1g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kicknurass4fun

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2005
Fox Lake, Illinois
I came across a great deal on a set of stock evo rims and tires with very little use for a decent price. Will they fit on a 1g? I know they have the same bolt pattern but i think the evo rims have a 35mm offset compared to what i believe is 65mm offset on the stock 1g rims? Thanks guys!!!

Thanks, but because of the 30mm offset difference do they stick out far past the fenders?

Yes they will fit, I have a friend running them now and even with lowering springs they do not rub. If your struts are shot then they might rub the fender.

They fit great and look great too. I have my EVO's wheels on my 91 AWD!

would it be possible to run 245 tires with your car lowered at all? i wouldnt mind running spacers if it didnt cause any rubbing...

the evo rims have a 38mm offset, they fit perfectly fine with the stock 235/45/17r sized tires.

if you want to go up to 245/40/17r, 5mm spacers will be needed in the front for people on the stock suspension. (that goes with anything that has a similar perch design for the stock sized springs, so basically, if you don't have smaller diameter springs like ground control or other full coil over suspensions, you have to get spacers).

The 245 WILL rub the fender if the car is lowered enough, the 235's cut it pretty close.

and for anyone who askes, I finally found the weights:

evo VIII enkei rims: 20.5 lbs
evo IX enkei rims: 20.13 lbs
evo bbs mr rims: 17.xx (forgot exactly what they are)

tstkl said:
the evo rims have a 38mm offset, they fit perfectly fine with the stock 235/45/17r sized tires.

if you want to go up to 245/40/17r, 5mm spacers will be needed in the front for people on the stock suspension. (that goes with anything that has a similar perch design for the stock sized springs, so basically, if you don't have smaller diameter springs like ground control or other full coil over suspensions, you have to get spacers).

The 245 WILL rub the fender if the car is lowered enough, the 235's cut it pretty close.

and for anyone who askes, I finally found the weights:

evo VIII enkei rims: 20.5 lbs
evo IX enkei rims: 20.13 lbs
evo bbs mr rims: 17.xx (forgot exactly what they are)

so let me get this straight....

245 wont fit with a 1" drop at all??? i know you said the right amount of drop but do you know EXACTLY how much of a drop will cause it to rub???

okay if that doesnt work. what about the stock size 235 with a 1" drop?

thanks again mand
david

unfortunatly, Im a 1g'er, and therefore, by nature, poor. I haven't had a chance to get a proper suspension set up yet, and do not know how much drop the car can take with said tires. All I know is, it will also depend on the stiffness of the springs/shocks. The less travel your car has, the lower you can drop it without the fender touching the tires. Personally, I would just get my fenders rolled and be done with it. I think a 1 inch drop shouldn't be too bad. There might be some rubbing (on both), but not enough to eat through the tires fast. Then again, I haven't had a chance to test this, and these are just my personal thoughts, so if you get this set up and it rubs, don't blame me. Your only option as far as "for sure" knowledge goes is to wait for someone who has tried those tires and knows first hand.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back