The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

El Paso

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I hate to have to save this, but salvaging that block is probably a waste of effort,time, and money. After about 283-293 degrees, even momentarily, your pretty much guaranteed to ruin something whether it be rings or bearings. Looking at the damage, you can say that engine saw 300 degrees easily. Even if everything looks okay, doesn't mean it is. The block, crank, head, rods, pistons; could all have developed micro cracks on them. So taking into consideration of cost for tearing the block down, sending everything to get properly inspected, then reassembling it.... It would be cheaper to just locate another engine.

My bad. But its better you cry now, then get that engine into another car just to have it destroy it's self.

bro.. the short block might still be ok.. new seals, covers, check it 1st.. before u panic... if nothing else ill help u piece it together... check 1st...

they r in....:hellyeah:

the rotating assembly...

Juan... i think i have a 6bolt with standard crank but no rods and pistons.. let u have for hella cheap if u need it....

bro.. the short block might still be ok.. new seals, covers, check it 1st.. before u panic... if nothing else ill help u piece it together... check 1st...

the rotating assembly...

Juan... i think i have a 6bolt with standard crank but no rods and pistons.. let u have for hella cheap if u need it....

these r my new toys.. they r piling up..:sneaky:

Attachments

• 2rotate or not2rotate.jpg
    2rotate or not2rotate.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 235
  • crank.jpg
    crank.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 250
  • pistons.jpg
    pistons.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 248
  • rods.jpg
    rods.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 245
I installed my Three Speed Scatter Shield last night, just as a precaution after what happened to Juan's GST (RIP). Here it is installed, it was a pain in the butt due to the water pipe.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Also I got these little beauties the other day:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Fuel Injector Clinic 850cc fuel injectors :sneaky: Just waiting on the dsmlink cables backorder (which are scheduled to be back in stock next week) :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay i looked at that picture long and hard before i ask perhaps the stupidest question ever. But where is your other shift lever? And why is it called a 3 spd scatter shield?

Have fun putting in your new fic's. I dont know why but when i did mine the other day, it was the biggest pain in the ass ever.

well i took off juans motor out i will start taking it apart tomorrow...

i saw some crazy pics in the three speed

Last edited by a moderator:
ne 1 have a 1st gen 4g63 tranny for sale? If possible point to the right direction

If your not looking for a turbo tranny, then mega-u pull has some, 100 bucks. But if its the turbo tranny your looking for, good luck and make sure to stay within your year. 90, 91-early 92, late 92-94...for fwd, awd is either 90, or 91-94

Sorry guys I feel as I have betrayed my fellow dsmer and my car. I used to make fun of these V8's as I passed them up now I own one LOL I just picked up a 2003 Mach 1 super clean so I had to get it. It was between that or a beat srt 4. So again my apologize to the community. My gst will most likely be parted out :cry: This is not the end for me though I do plan on getting another DSM in the future.

Sorry guys I feel as I have betrayed my fellow dsmer and my car. I used to make fun of these V8's as I passed them up now I own one LOL I just picked up a 2003 Mach 1 super clean so I had to get it. It was between that or a beat srt 4. So again my apologize to the community. My gst will most likely be parted out :cry: This is not the end for me though I do plan on getting another DSM in the future.

:nono::notgood::barf:

At least you didn't get the Neon, I mean SRT-4. I hope you do come back to DSM's one day though! You're still invited to the meet on March 13th!

:confused:

At least you didn't get the Neon, I mean SRT-4. I hope you do come back to DSM's one day though! You're still invited to the meet on March 13th!

Thanks I'll definitely be there. And yes I will get another dsm just couldnt find one that was clean and I needed a car bad. At least its not a civic

I installed my Three Speed Scatter Shield last night, just as a precaution after what happened to Juan's GST (RIP). Here it is installed, it was a pain in the butt due to the water pipe.
attachment.php
Wish I had one of these.... To late now

Thanks I'll definitely be there. And yes I will get another dsm just couldnt find one that was clean and I needed a car bad. At least its not a civic

I'm going to hold you to that. If you're not there I'm going to come find you on the mustang forums, LOL.

Tonight I reinstalled my now chipped and EPROM'd ECU, wired up everything for DSMlink V3, and made my first log!!! It's going to take me a little while to get used this tuning stuff but I'm getting some help from other members on here and I'll be ready to tear up the track in two and a half weeks!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back