The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

El Paso

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

it sounds like a wack thing to suggest but check when you press on the clutch that the transmission its not getting pushed out, make sure its bolted on right to the engine you'd be surpriced how many dsm's have come to my house and that was it

i know what ## talking bout.. some of the bolts fell out of my white gsx.. it sux.. broke my clutch disc.. but no the tranny still intact.. im gonna try what jack from jackstransmission.com sudjest to do..

If your hydrolic clutch system is known to be good, then the only thing it could be is a bent fork, bad tob, or bad pp, or a loose tranny like tony said but i would think that would be too obvious. All you have to do is have someone press your clutch while you watch your slave cylinder. If your slave doesnt do anything or barely does anything its a hydrolic problem. If your slave moves normally then its an internal problem and you'll have to drop the tranny to see whats wrong.

Well, I received a package of McMaster-Carr tee-fittings today, it's barbed and a 1/8 NPT on the top (perfect for a boost guage). If anyone is interested in one PM me (thinking a couple bones).

You mean those plastic T fittings? Why not just do the vaccum line delete and tap into the "T" port on your tb for a boost signal? Less spots for boost leaks.

Yes it's a plastic Tee. I have my boost gauge tapped off the vacuum line to the FPR, while taking in the reading off the "P" port of the TB is the easiest way and according to RRE, there is no vacuum reading from there. The consensus is that the Fuel Pressure Solenoid is the most accurate measurement. Seeing as how the solenoid in no longer on my car and using a copper line (due to breaking several plastic lines) I opted for the cleanest install I could do.

Well rre is wrong about that, i have my boost gauge tapped from the tb, and i have both vacuum and boost readings. Of course im not sure what port, i just said "t" because it sounded right, but it could possibly be the "p".

I'm confused. You say you dont have your fp solenoid, but your tapping the line that goes to it for your boost gauge? Why do you need a tee to do that? Why not just run one solid line from the port on the intake that the fp solenoid connects too, straight to your boost gauge.

I'm confused. You say you dont have your fp solenoid, but your tapping the line that goes to it for your boost gauge? Why do you need a tee to do that? Why not just run one solid line from the port on the intake that the fp solenoid connects too, straight to your boost gauge.

I have mine setup the same way, all the ports on the throttle body blocked off, no solenoids, boost source T'd into the fuel pressure regulator vac line.

Ok so this is what happened on Saturday. My baby went up in flames at you can see. Looks as though flywheel went though the housing hit some wires and the fuel line. And then BOOM :( Just so you know this was done at 60 mph in 4th gear.:confused:

Attachments

• 2011-01-23 11.32.18.jpg
    2011-01-23 11.32.18.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 2011-01-23 11.32.25.jpg
    2011-01-23 11.32.25.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 2011-01-23 11.30.49.jpg
    2011-01-23 11.30.49.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 64
Sorry to see and hear it! Good luck on the rebuild.
Reading and seeing this stuff just makes me paranoid. I think Im going to order a scatter shield now, and Im going to check my extinguisher. =-)

Wow man sorry for your lose.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Thanks

Sorry to see and hear it! Good luck on the rebuild.
Reading and seeing this stuff just makes me paranoid. I think Im going to order a scatter shield now, and Im going to check my extinguisher. =-)

And ya Im definitely getting a fire extinguisher now

well heres more pics this is what i saw before i called you telling you that the bolts are still in their except for the 02 housing those are gone but the blue circles(crappy circles LOL) means no bolt stuck and red means the bolt is still their or in one in the bolts that goes on the bottom of the turbo its not their but its cracked in half
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and here you see the thermostat housing is broken in half

this next pic is where plate is still bolted up with a piece of the tranny

and in this case this completly off no bolts are there what so ever

and here you can see the bolts of the starter is bolted up with both pieces of the tranny and the starter (where i grounded up the cable probably thats why is hanging in their LOL)

you cant really tell but if you pay attention the cross member it has a hit and is bent to the passenger side

Last edited by a moderator:
well heres more pics this is what i saw before i called you telling you that the bolts are still in their except for the 02 housing those are gone but the blue circles(crappy circles LOL) means no bolt stuck and red means the bolt is still their or in one in the bolts that goes on the bottom of the turbo its not their but its cracked in half

attachment.php

So the flywheel bolts were still bolted on like in this picture? I know he just recently had his clutch replaced, was something loose and then spun off?

it could possibly but all bolts are their plus if the tranny would off gotten loose first then blow up the spine of the tranny would of gotten damaged atleast a little and its prefect no hits its like if the hit went everywhere except to the center that piece of flywheel was right on the firewall

in this pic you can see where the pp bolts up to the flywheel the bolt went threw the metal and thats all 6 holes where all 6 bolts bolt up the flywheel

Last edited by a moderator:
I never understood the purpose of a scatter shield until just now. These pictures are depressing, and it's worse in person.

There had to have been a flaw in the flywheel. Theres no way something being loose would of caused the flywheel to shatter like that with out damaging the internals of the transmission.

damn im speechless wow OMG srry to hear that man.... at least nothing happend to you bro.... i see another project in your future

I never understood the purpose of a scatter shield until just now. These pictures are depressing, and it's worse in person.

There had to have been a flaw in the flywheel. Theres no way something being loose would of caused the flywheel to shatter like that with out damaging the internals of the transmission.

I just ordered a Three Speed scatter shield. Seeing what happened to Juan's car scared me... A LOT!

I just ordered a Three Speed scatter shield. Seeing what happened to Juan's car scared me... A LOT!

We have OG dsm's, they're immune. Our biggest concerns are phantom knock and locked transfer cases. Wishful thinking i know.

Thanks to every one for their condolences. I really appreciate it. I'm definitely buying a scatter shield and a fire extinguisher in my next DSM. I'm praying for the engine to be ok so we can transplant her into another GST. At least that way she lives on some how. Again thanks everyone and me and tony will keep everyone updated on the situation.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back