The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Build Day 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HustlerTalon

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 6, 2006
Pico Rivera, California
I just finished the 2nd day of building my talon for the last time.

I'm almost done, should be done by the weekend for sure...then the breakin, after 500 miles, the gt30 will be bolted on and then after a total of 1000 engine miles, the car will be strapped on the dyno....updates on the build soon to come.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

WHAT the F is that over your cam gears? Good job on the build, let us know how smooth the break in and initial problems went I always love those storys.

DanThMan1983 said:
WHAT the F is that over your cam gears? Good job on the build, let us know how smooth the break in and initial problems went I always love those storys.

That would be my little experiment...I wanted something to be able to show off the cam gears and also protect it from anything going inside. Its not perfect, but for being the first time I do something like that, its not that bad.

Don't worry, I will bet I will have plenty of stories once my car turns on.

It looks go so far but let me offer some advice. Relocate the coils and move the fpr to were the coils are at. It will clean up the bay and make it look less cluttered.

that's the only place I could make my afpr fit...the line is not that long that's why the afpr is sticking out from the firewall and not bolted on to it...thanks.

Today is going to be day 3...hopefully its done today!

Looking good man. I see you got the 2G MM problem fixed. If I may make a suggest I would say do the www.motouneusa.com break-in. Do 3rd gear pulls for 30 miles, and let the engine decel on its own (no brakes), then change the oil at 30, 250, 500, and 1500 miles. After 1500 miles you can switch over to synthetic if you want. Also run about 15-16 lbs. of boost, it helps seal the rings quicker, and better. After that irst 30 miles you can run what ever boost you would normally run.

Dustin

fourreGsixty3 said:
Looking good man. I see you got the 2G MM problem fixed. If I may make a suggest I would say do the www.motouneusa.com break-in. Do 3rd gear pulls for 30 miles, and let the engine decel on its own (no brakes), then change the oil at 30, 250, 500, and 1500 miles. After 1500 miles you can switch over to synthetic if you want. Also run about 15-16 lbs. of boost, it helps seal the rings quicker, and better. After that irst 30 miles you can run what ever boost you would normally run.

Dustin

Have you used this method? JW I have been looking for someone that has tried this on our cars.

fourreGsixty3 said:
I would say do the www.motouneusa.com break-in.

Dustin

Yeah this is the method I am going to use.

Build Day 4.....

I finally got everything hook up and everything seem going good until the battery started acting funny...for some reason the battery relocation to the trunk will NOT turn my car on. But when I hooked it back up in the engine bay everything is good...I am thinking that since the clips that go at the end of the wires are not soldered, they might not be getting good power source or good ground...

The car does turn on but it all of the sudden turns off. ECU is fine. The only thing I think is wrong is somehow the 3"GM mas and AFC2 are not working properly or working the way they should.

Ok so I have a stock Eprom ECU, 780cc, 3"GM and AFC 2.....how should I set the Afc and Maf-translator setting to?????

Anybody got any ideas???

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back