The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 90 1g TCU wiring diagram

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

911gdsmboostin

Proven Member
Sep 5, 2014
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Hey guys I have recently bought a shift box for my fwd auto 90 talon. I've found the tcu which looks identical to the ecu and is right behind it. Now to wire it in I need to find a wiring diagram but can't seem to find one online anywhere or on the fourms. Any help or direction would help or if anyone knows wha wires I need to find to wire in this shift box thanks

Also I have found some descriptions of tcu diagrams but mine had 3 plugs jus like the ecu I haven't seen any like mine yet

I appriciate the reply I found this thread before I started this one. The problem I was having was figuring out of it was the same as a 90 and or trying to find a color code. The instructions I have had me thinking I was looking for a red wire off the fuse block. I'm pretty sure it's the 2 blue and purple wires.. I honestly was probly over thinking it. But thank you for the reply. I may start a thread for this to make it simple to understand with the color codes.

For a '90 TCU:

C-52
[51][52][53][XX][54][55][56]
[57][58][59][60][61][62][63]​

51 - White, to pin 2 of Pulse Generator
52 - Green, to pin 4 of Pulse Generator
53 - Brown w/ black stripe, to pin 3 of Auto Transmission Kickdown Servo Switch
54 - Brown w/ red stripe, to pin 1 of Auto Transmission Kickdown Servo Switch
55 - None
56 - Red w/ black stripe, to Fuse 19 of inside Junction Block
57 - Black, to pin 1 of Pulse Generator
58 - Red, to pin 3 of Pulse Generator
59 - Brown w/ green stripe, to pin 2 of Auto Transmission Kickdown Servo Switch
60 - Light Green w/ yellow stripe, (1.8L) to pin 3 of Throttle Position Sensor, (2.0L) to pin 4 of Throttle Position Sensor
61 - Yellow w/ white, to (1) pin 12 of Self-Diagnosis connector and (2) pin 29 of Combination Meter (Gauge Cluster)
62 - Blue w/ Yellow, to pin 1 of Auto Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor
63 - Black, ground, to grounding location #7

C-53
[01][02][03][04][05][XX][XX][06][07][08][09]
[10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20]​

1 - Yellow w/ green stripe, to pin 10 of Self-Diagnosis connector
2 - Red w/ white stripe, to auto-cruise control unit pin 13 (if so equipped)
3 - Red w/ blue stripe, to pin 7 of Inhibitor switch
4 - Yellow, to pin 6 of Inhibitor switch
5 - Yellow w/ red stripe, to pin 5 of Inhibitor switch
6 - Red, to Auto Trans Solenoid Valve - Damper Clutch Control (pin 2 of Solenoid Valve connector)
7 - Yellow w/ blue stripe, to Auto Trans Solenoid Valve - Shift Control Solenoid Valve B (pin 4 of Solenoid Valve connector)
8 - Brown, to pin 1 of Accelerator Pedal switch
9 - Yellow w/ white stripe, to pin 1 of Power/Economy Change Over Switch
10 - Black, ground, to grounding location #7
11 - Blue w/ black stripe, to junction between pin 4 of Inhibitor switch and fuse 7 of interior junction block
12 - Black w/ yellow stripe, to pin 3 of Inhibitor switch
13 - Black w/ white stripe, to pin 2 of Inhibitor switch
14 - Yellow w/ black stripe, to pin 1 of Inhibitor switch
15 - Blue, to Auto Trans Solenoid Valve - Oil Pressure Control (pin 1 of Solenoid Valve connector)
16 - Orange, to Auto Trans Solenoid Valve - Shift Control Solenoid Valve A (pin 3 of Solenoid Valve Connector)
17 - None
18 - White, (2.0L) to pin 1 of the noise filter for the tachometer signal or (1.8L) to pin 2 of the CRC filter
19 - Yellow w/ red stripe, to pin 6 of Self-Diagnosis connector
20 - Green w/ yellow stripe, to pin 1 of A/C Dual Pressure switch

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back