Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > DSM Tech > Electrical Tech
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Electrical Tech: Wiring, turbo timers, electronic boost controllers, gauges, fuses, wiring harnesses, wire tucks, car audio, and all other electrical component discussions.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2013, 08:34 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 2,011
Photos: 18
Classifieds Rating: 6
Reputation: v8s_are_slow is extremely helpful and trustworthyv8s_are_slow is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Send a message via AIM to v8s_are_slow Send a message via MSN to v8s_are_slow Send a message via Yahoo to v8s_are_slow

High impedance injectors, resistor pack delete wiring?

I recently purchased some Bosch high impedance 1200cc injectors. I've deleted the resistor pack but after searching, I guess i'm suppose to have some sort of resistor pack delete plug??? Well, if I can just cut of the plug from the resistor pack and wire it correctly, I'd prefer to do that.

Does anyone know how to wire it up? I just deleted the pack and nothing else. And guessing that's why my car won't start and injectors won't pulse. Hmmm...

Help anyone? Been searching for hours now. Thanks.

View photos of this member's car 

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:42 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 680
Photos: 26
Classifieds Rating: 5
EXTREME PSI - FIC Fuel Resistor Pack Delete Plug: DMS/Evo 8,9 #24496

IMHO, it's not worth the pain trying to manually wire it up when you can buy the plug for $30 shipped...

Old 05-24-2013, 08:45 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 298
Photos: 19
All you do is wire all 5 wires together.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:45 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Reputation: v8s_are_slow is extremely helpful and trustworthyv8s_are_slow is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Send a message via AIM to v8s_are_slow Send a message via MSN to v8s_are_slow Send a message via Yahoo to v8s_are_slow
Well, i'm tight on money and I know how to solder just fine. Unless someone has $30 they care to give me. Lol. I have a lot of court stuff going on right now...getting custody of my kids. So yeah, i'm all about saving a buck right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman7 View Post
All you do is wire all 5 wires together.
All touching? Or what?

Last edited by v8s_are_slow; 05-24-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Auto-merged with previous post to prevent "bumping" within a 24 hour period Tips on avoiding the auto-merge feature - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bumping

Old 05-24-2013, 08:52 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Yep. Soder all 5 wires together.4 wires go to your injectors and the 5th wire is supplying power to them.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:57 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

Awesome. Thanks!!!

Well, I appreciate the info. Took me about 5 minutes or so today and it fired right up

Last edited by v8s_are_slow; 05-25-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Auto-merged with previous post to prevent "bumping" within a 24 hour period Tips on avoiding the auto-merge feature - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bumping

Old 05-26-2013, 07:56 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Glad I could help.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:05 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 4,471
Photos: 9
^ goooood info. Gonna be getting some 2150s and might do this.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:13 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

Just a tip on how I did it. I soldered all the wires together but I didn't solder it the entire length of the wire because I wanted some flexibility so that I could bend the wire over after I was done. I didn't wanna take a chance of having the wire poking out of the end of the heat shrink and then touching something. So I bent the wire over, then put the heat shrink over the end. After I shrunk it to the wire, I heated up the end of it up really well, then smashed it together to close it off. That's how I did mine anyway.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:11 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

Do you need an extra plug? I thought the resistor was one solid piece.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:16 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

I cut the plug off my resistor pack and soldered it as you see above.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:29 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

Hum mine is a plug solid on the resistor. Might be different on the 99. The resistor doesnt have a pigtail light that on mine.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but were talking about the thing that sits in the cradle of the intake manifold correct? Or the box on the firewall?

Old 05-26-2013, 02:33 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Proven Member

Edit: ahh got the TRANSISTOR. Mixed upnwith the resistor. We ARE talking about the silver box on the firewall.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:56 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Proven Member

Yes, the box on the firewall. Transistor, resistor, tomater, tomato

Old 05-26-2013, 03:49 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #15 (permalink)
Proven Member

No the transistor is a part of the coil pack

Old 05-26-2013, 04:14 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #16 (permalink)
Proven Member

Coil pack, driveshaft, same difference. Haha!

Old 05-26-2013, 04:56 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #17 (permalink)
Supporting VIP

Tech Posts: 366
Classifieds Rating: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbansmoker1 View Post
No the transistor is a part of the coil pack
No, transistor is not part of the coil pack. It is separate, but is bolted on to the intake manifold next to the coil pack.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:46 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #18 (permalink)
Proven Member

Yah, thats what i got confused with haha

Old 08-31-2013, 12:48 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #19 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 70
Classifieds Rating: 3
i have id2000 hi-z injectors
if you dont solder all 5 wires together (remove them from the harness) will the car still start.
cause mine does,it idles like crap but runs

Old 08-31-2013, 01:08 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #20 (permalink)
Proven Member

Just solder them all together, no reason not to. I did it and everything works great