The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

High impedance injectors, resistor pack delete wiring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8s_are_slow

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2002
Panama City, Florida
I recently purchased some Bosch high impedance 1200cc injectors. I've deleted the resistor pack but after searching, I guess i'm suppose to have some sort of resistor pack delete plug??? Well, if I can just cut of the plug from the resistor pack and wire it correctly, I'd prefer to do that.

Does anyone know how to wire it up? I just deleted the pack and nothing else. And guessing that's why my car won't start and injectors won't pulse. Hmmm...

Help anyone? Been searching for hours now. Thanks.

Well, i'm tight on money and I know how to solder just fine. Unless someone has $30 they care to give me. Lol. I have a lot of court stuff going on right now...getting custody of my kids. So yeah, i'm all about saving a buck right now.

All you do is wire all 5 wires together.

All touching? Or what?

Awesome. Thanks!!!

Well, I appreciate the info. Took me about 5 minutes or so today and it fired right up :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just a tip on how I did it. I soldered all the wires together but I didn't solder it the entire length of the wire because I wanted some flexibility so that I could bend the wire over after I was done. I didn't wanna take a chance of having the wire poking out of the end of the heat shrink and then touching something. So I bent the wire over, then put the heat shrink over the end. After I shrunk it to the wire, I heated up the end of it up really well, then smashed it together to close it off. That's how I did mine anyway.

I cut the plug off my resistor pack and soldered it as you see above.

Hum mine is a plug solid on the resistor. Might be different on the 99. The resistor doesnt have a pigtail light that on mine.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but were talking about the thing that sits in the cradle of the intake manifold correct? Or the box on the firewall?

Yes, the box on the firewall. Transistor, resistor, tomater, tomato ;)

i have id2000 hi-z injectors
if you dont solder all 5 wires together (remove them from the harness) will the car still start.
cause mine does,it idles like crap but runs

i have id2000 hi-z injectors
if you dont solder all 5 wires together (remove them from the harness) will the car still start.
cause mine does,it idles like crap but runs

If you've removed the resistor box, but didn't install a delete "plug" or solder the wires together the car will not start. Like stated above, there's one 12v power wire that feeds the other 4 power wires to the injectors. Without that resistor box or a delete, there's no power side to your injectors.

lesson learned (wires came loose) :ohdamn:
i guess i should upgrade from elec. tape to solder
or better yet a crimper

wiring essential components is fun isn't it? scary but fun! i had to wire a knock sensor wire and connector onto my ecu and rewire my fuel relays to accept a 12v signal instead of 5v (2g turbo ECU instead of Spyder 2.4 ECU)

Never just tie wires together and use tape!!! Always solder and shrink wrap guys!!!!!!!!!!! What happens when your at the track and your in the middle of a run at 100+mph and those wires come loose bro!! Booooooommmmmmmmm that's what you lean out and toast the motor and for what because you couldn't take a few extra minutes and do it right. ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back