The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

High impedance injectors, resistor pack delete wiring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Better yet a crimper??? Solder is much better than a crimp

Actually crimp connectors like these : BUTT CONNECTOR NON-INSULATED 22-18GA SEAMLESS 100PK
work just fine. You will not have any noticeable difference in resistance through the connection when comparing to a solder joint. Use these crimps with adhesive lined heat shrink over them and never worry about a failed connection or water intrusion into the connection ever again.

Soldering is better than using a loop terminal... Or a butt connector, in fact, butt connectors are notoriously unreliable.

Yea you must be right. I'm sure you have actually taken automotive electrical certification classes. In fact I'm sure major automotive manufacturers such as Ford must be misguided with using uninsulated crimp connectors and adhesive lined heat shrink as a recommended and approved wiring repair for their vehicles.

I would say you have a valid point if you were referencing the regular crappy consumer grade plastic butt connectors. But when dealing with quality uninsulated connectors and using a GOOD quality crimp tool there is little to no chance of failure.

Aight, please don't start having a pissing match on my thread. Use whatever ya want, but I'll stick with solder wherever possible.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sorry for bringing up old thread. But is this the plug. I just bought SD dsmV3. And am having a problem finding where i plug the resister pack delete in

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back