The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Zhe DSM Cookout

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kromwell

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 30, 2006
Little Falls, New_York
Wow, I'm surprised I didn't see this posted on this forum... so check it out ladies and gentlemen!!

www.zhewiz.com -- PLEASE go to the site and signup as soon as you can so that we can get an accurate head count for Dinosaur BBQ, who will be catoring!!! :)

~~Info: Copied from Website~~

OK, time for the 7th or 8th annual Zhe DSM Cookout, formerly the ICMITTSOCO. Once upon a time I had this during Buschur's shootout weekend so people who couldn't go to the shootout could still get together with fellow DSMers. I changed that several years ago so everyone could come and to tell the truth, it's grown beyond my wildest dreams. The first one had 5 or 6 cars. For 2005 52 meals were purchased and a lot more people came than that.

Dinosaur BBQ will be catering again this year, for the 4th year in a row. Because of that, YOU MUST RSVP if you intend to eat, I need AN EXACT HEAD COUNT NO LATER THAN Wednesday, August 16th. Menu will consist of St. Louis Ribs, chicken, corn bread, BBQ Beans and even salad for those that (gasp) don't eat meat! GOOD NEWS ON PRICE THIS YEAR! Because of the success of last year's raffle, the price for each meal will be only $10 each! It's the lowest price ever, and I'm HOPING I can keep dropping that down every year. I'll accept payment via PayPal ([email protected]) or via snail mail (410 Ferguson Rd, Freeville, NY 13068) If you need to pay with a credit card, email me ([email protected]) and I'll make arrangements. I can accept them w/o difficulty. YOU MUST TELL ME BY THE 16th of August if you want a meal, and if you tell me you want a meal, you need to pay even if you don't show up! I will NOT be making money on this. As usual I'll supply the soda and a few other things which will cost me money. If you want beer? You'll have to bring it, though I'll have a couple coolers sprinkled around to keep them cold.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO EAT THE DINO FOOD, ATTENDING IS FREE!! THAT'S RIGHT! FREE!! YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY TO ATTEND, YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY A MEAL TO ATTEND. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PURCHASE A RAFFLE TICKET TO ATTEND! The soda is still free and so's the fun. So feel free to sign up and drop by even if you're not going to partake.

RAFFLE THIS YEAR!!! A HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to Thomas Dorris and company of ECMTuning, Inc. makers of DSMLink. THEY ARE DONATING TWO COPIES OF DSMLINK to raffle off this year!!!! Thomas, THANKS!!!!! Price per ticket will still be only $5 for one, $20 if you buy 5 tickets. All proceeds from the raffle will go into an account and saved for the 2007 ZDC. I'll use it to reduce next year's fee. VERY IMPORTANT: YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN! If I pick your name and you're not here? You lose, next person wins. Thomas Dorris himself will be at the cookout again this year along with his family. We're going to set aside at least a half hour tech session with Thomas. Exact topic to be determined, but a Q&A session will be part of it.

If you're in shouting distance of Ithaca and you own a (non v- cool car or appreciate cool cars, you better show up! It's a GREAT chance to meet other racers and non-racers and pick up some tips for whatever you want - drag racing, curvy racing, sound systems, blinky lights, rice, rib-eating, you name it. Even the WNY guys will likely be here in high numbers this year. Oh, and the Ithaca crowd better turn out! Now that we have a public display of attendees I can no longer fudge the numbers to help us out!

WHAT: a little history
Zhe DSM Cookout (Formerly ICMITTSOCO = "I Can't Make It To The Shootout Cookout") A little gathering I have at my house in Freeville, NY near Ithaca. I've had it for the past 7 (or is it 8 now?) years, it used to be on the same day as the shootout in Ohio. Starting five years ago I had it after the shootout, and that has worked out very well, so I'm going to continue that trend this year. We have a BBQ, sit on the deck and chat, take pix of cars, brag about beating up on V8's, the usual. By popular demand, after we're done, we'll cruise to a location for a quick photo shoot, then out for ice cream. That'll give us all a chance to cruise together, the Rochester guys can head up 81 and across the thruway, the locals can turn around and go home.

WHEN:
Zhe DSM Cookout will be held on Saturday, 26 AUGUST 2006 The RAIN DATE will be Sunday the 27th. If it's still raining then? Not sure what I'll do, so stay tuned. Party starts at HIGH NOON, Dino will be here about 2PM with the food. We'll head out for pix and ice cream around 6 or 7, or whenever the Rochester/WNY guys decide its time to go home. Anybody up for a little Halo/Halo 2 in between? I'll have at least 2 XBoxes and one XBox 360 set up, one connected to a 52" widescreen TV. I also have Forza Motorsports, Splinter Cell, PGR 3, Moto GP 2006, GRAW, Oblivion and a few others, but I'll need someone to bring a second copy to play head to head over the net. I'm hoping to play less and mingle more this year, even though the introvert in my hates mingling and would much prefer hiding behind Master Chief.

WHERE:
It will take place at my house: 410 Ferguson Rd, Freeville, NY 13068. Check mapquest for directions, they're pretty good. The house is a tan, two story one on the "downhill" side of Ferguson Rd. The number is on the mailbox POST, and my car will be parked on the lawn. Should be hard to miss. Be a little careful on Ferguson, it is sometimes patrolled, and the speed limit is only 30 MPH. Please do open your wastegates and pass my driveway on the way in, I'll be filming and it makes for a good opening scene. Hmmm, I should probably warn the neighbors. Guess I should digitize past year's arrivals too, maybe someday I'll get to it.

WHAT TO BRING:
I'm going to supply everything EXCEPT the beer. I'll have a good assortment of soda. Oh, bring your DSM and your significant other(s) if you want, but if you can't bring either, please attend anyway!

I know this goes without saying, but I'm saying it anyway: only 21 and up can drink and even then drink early, because YOU HAVE TO DRIVE high powered vehicles afterward. Everyone has been responsible with the beer, I want that trend to continue. If someone does drink too much, I have a spare room downstairs, that's where you'll be sleeping. You can have your keys back next morning after I've had a chance to take your car for a spin.

WHAT NOT TO BRING:
Anything which is V8 powered. Even Hondas are acceptable. I also expect an assortment of WRX and STi's, and maybe even a 14 second Forester XT in Java Black Pearl.

Thanks kromwell!
I know this is last minute, but the ZDC is the premier upstate NY DSM event. There are only a few days left to sign up.

I've gone every year for the last 6 years and this is a great time!

Thomas Dorris will be there again this year to raffle off two copies of DSM Link and give a Q&A session on it.

For the first time, Slowboy Racing, Innovative Tuning and Hybrid Connection are each donating $100 certificates to be raffled off.

WNYDSM, RochesterDSM, Ithaca Club DSM and AlbanyDSM will all be there.

If you're in the area, sign up for the cookout and join us!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back