The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

trouple with sparktech COP CDI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_HEATH

10+ Year Contributor
May 30, 2010
Mobile, Alabama
I recently purchased the Sparktech COP setup with the M&W Pro-12 S3 CDI box.

I got the easy connect option which only has 6 wires you have to connect.

1- is the tach signal which I tied into the CAS (small black wire)

2- went to the ECU (one to each wire off the ECU) for the coils. It said to directly connect them, I simply used vampire clamps.

1- went to a ground, simple

1- went to a constant 12v power source, simple

1- went to a switchable 12v source, I tied this into a wire that was going from the trans to the ignition. I used the wire that I ran to the ignition for the Kiggly rewire.

My issue is I'm not getting any spark. I've checked every connection with a test light and a multimeter.

Any idea's as to what I may have done wrong?

Also,

The M&W box has a redlight on it, now it will flash when I plug the box up but will not come on or flash anytime after. Even when trying to crank the car.

Just tried calling you.

The Green wire goes to directly to your Tach if your running an autometer, it is not an input it's an output.

Figured out the issue with the ignition system. I had to directly wire the two signal wires going to the ECU, also they were wired incorrectly from Sparktech.

In the directions supplied it states
wire the black wire to pin #55 (power transistor for #2&#3 coils) yellow wire with red stripe
wire the grey wire to pin #54 (power transistor for #1&#4 coils) solid yellow wire

When I wired the system like stated in the directions the ignition was firing in reverse order so I swapped the wires and it fired in the correct order.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back