The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Tranny fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96GSX

Probationary Member
Mar 4, 2003
South_CarolinaUS
My 96 a/t gsx downshifts kinda rough, and it seems to take more time shifting gears. I think i need to change the tranny fluid. Ive did it on my old cars, is there anything special I should know about changing a dsm? Also, what kind of tranny fluid and filter should I use? Thanks a lot.

P.S. my car has 95k on it.

Best thing to do is to get it flushed and then immediately change the filter. Ususally the dealer just drains what in the pan and change the filter which usually isnt more than like 2.5 quarts. Which means the remaining 5 or 6 quarts contaminates the rest of the fluid as soon as you start driving. Getting it flushed, or even changing the filter then getting it flushed is the best way to get all the old fluid out...

i got B&M trickshift on mine with just an OEM tranny filter. works fine. u could also try redline ATF.:thumb:

how can I flush the fluid on my own? I know how to change it, but, flush it?

If it's the same as an oil flush, you just pour a bottle of special "flush" into the tranny, let it run a little bit, then change the fluid.

BTW, I also recommend B&M TrickShift. That or the OEM Mitsu Red Diamond (I think that's the name) are about the only decent fluids that these trannies seem to like. I'm leaning toward trying some Amsoil synthetic ATF next time myself....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back