The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Suspension Replacement parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrimerPLus

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2011
Tokyo, Asia
I am looking to replace some worn out parts.

I found this kit on ebay. I know that most people frown on ebay parts.
Front Suspension parts
Otherwise it looks like the same parts will cost about $500 + shipping.

Anyone use that kit or a different one? All the boots on mine are flat dried and have no grease so I figure it's time to replace them.

My motor is out currently and I will be driving from Alaska to Washington in July so want the handling to be good.

Let me know if you have experience with this kit or a different one, or a good place to get the parts for a decent price.

Thanks!

I have replaced many control arms on cars over the years. (I buy used cars) I am truly amazed at the crappy quality of many aftermarket suspension parts. Primarily ball-joints & bearings. The steel parts... are steel and seem to be fine.

It is nice to save $50 on parts. What really sucks is to replace them again in 2 years because they wore out... even if you save your "life time warranty" paper work.

Ball-joints and bearings all look the same during installation. Durability is not the same. I wish I could tell you how to "see the difference," but I can't. If I tore-them-apart and measured/compared with OEM I could probably figure out the difference... but it would ruin the parts. A side note, never allow a damaged ball-joint-dust-boot on your car (installation -whoops). If you damage the boot, throw the part away and get a new one.

This said... I just bought Ebay control arms for a G6. I find it hard to spend $200 on a part I can get for $45.

Order a knuckle kit for each side and be done. To save on shipping ask the oem part dealer to just send the arms and not the knuckle if you don't need it. I talked to them a jnz about doing this and they said no problem. That will chop a bunch of weight off the shipping. For the links and steering I order known brands from rock auto usually. Moog, raybestos, ac delco as an example of "known" brands. Many people I know have bought knock off china suspension stuff and they go bad in a year or so. Save now and pay later ends up being about the same as buying oem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back