The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Stock AWD axle limits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colossus

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2003
Crestview, Florida
Well, I've always been shooting for big numbers. But, to save from people going off topic here, we'll assume I'm making 500whp. What are the stock axle/transfer case/rear differential (3 and 4 bolt), and the driveshaft limits? I've got spares that I'd like to look around to having built but only if I absolutely have to. I've seen all sorts of DSMs running 400-500+whp, and I never see anyone discussing and drivetrain past the transmission. I'd really like not to go to the track and snap an axle on launch. Who sells aftermarket stronger axles anyways?

Hey the stock axles can handle up to 550 hp. There are couple guys i know that still got them . And they are making more than 500hp. Also u can check machv.com . I think they are selling new performance axles . I think they are made by fidanza. Also check with cft. central florida turbo.com about the new gator axkes. Good for 600hp an more. If it was me i will stick with stock ones .When they go bad. Just buy a new set from autozone . They are lifetime warranty. That's what i did. Thanks oj

Get Raxles if you break em..

People who don't wail on their cars even at really fast ET's dont break them too often on AWD's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back