The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

running 235/45/17? u may enter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You are so close to the edge (a +40 would be perfect) that it's all going to come down to the tire. If you run tires with wide treads (given the 235 sidewall rating), then you could very well rub. If you run tires with relatively thin treads, then you'll be fine.

Kumhos are known to be thinner than average at the tread. I used to have 235/45/17 712s on a +40 wheel and there was at least 5mm to spare. But something like a Yoko might not work. An Azenis would never fit, but, then again, they don't make this size. However, if you want some serious dry grip (plus road noise and fast treadwear), your wheels might be perfect for a 225/45/17 Azenis, which is almost exactly as wide at the tread as a 235/45/17 712, plus has a slightly smaller diameter. Great set-up for street-tire-class autoXing.

Note: these had better be 7.5" or 8" wheels.

- Jtoby

Just to let you know. I have SSR Competitions, no longer have a Dsm though but that doesn't matter.

They arer 17x8 +38 offset, I ran 245/45/17 Falken Azenis on them...NO RUBBING...ya figured I'd mention my personal experience

I think 235's should go on no problem.

Ohh...also, this was a temporary thing, as to be able to put the rims on (long story)...I had 255/40/17 Kumho 712's on the back for a couple days...they worked fine too.

what about them...I didn't have any :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back